Overclock.net banner
21 - 40 of 7288 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir;14254756
I have 2 of those noctua 120mm intake fans, one fan blow directly to the gpu and one directly to the cpu (thats what i like about mini p180)
basicly im looking for smaller mini p180 that has no doors
biggrin.gif

i realize that intake is 130cfm (but thats also at 30-34db) thats louder & pushes less air then 2x120 fans

...I really like the tj08-e looks & size, cable management should be awesome too ...I only wish gpu cooling would be better :/ Heck i might even buy it

report back to us the dual gpu result
Just a heads up, 54+54=108 so no the noctuas dont push more air. Trust me I have plenty of noctuas (click the link in my sig). They are quieter but I wouldnt turn the 180mm fan up unless I was gaming anyways. If your looking for a mini p180 with no doors look at the Lian Li A04B, thats the case I have now while I'm waiting for my TJ08-E to come in.

I will be letting you guys know though how it goes. Right now my bottom card averages about 9c lower under load than my top card. Thats where I think this case will help. The AP181 will direct more air at the bottom card(top in a normal case) so I think it will balance the temps more. We will see how it goes. I think it will work pretty well, silverstone makes some good products and I'm sure they tested it with multi gpu setups.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Looks like this or that new Lian Li matx case may be my next buy. I have a matx dual core 775 that I need to put somewhere... and I can never get myself to buy plastic cases.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092;14243885
Mine will be here on Tuesday.
Hows this?
ssl.pngSilverStoneTJ08-ECase Owners Clubssl.png

PHP:
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/ssl.png/][IMG alt="ssl.png"]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2941/ssl.png[/IMG][/URL][URL=http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/1068487-silverstone-tj08-e-owners-club.html]SilverStoneTJ08-ECase Owners Club[/URL][URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/231/ssl.png/][IMG alt="ssl.png"]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/2941/ssl.png[/IMG][/URL]
That's awesome dude!

Definitely should be the sig! Thanks so much man, that's really helpful! +Rep fooooo shoooo
biggrin.gif

EDIT: The logo's dont work in the sig, but still great effort! Thanks heaps

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Oh shoot, you guys started a thread for this case? I just ordered it on Saturday from Directron. Newegg has it on their site but it says out of stock. Plus they have it for $99 with $17 shipping. So I just went ahead and ordered it from Directron for $108 shipped.

One thing I noticed is that if you have hard drives in the hard drive cage, they stick out past the rams. Which, if you have tall rams, they won't clear. I notice you have the Vengeance rams Nutty. I have the same rams too but I'm gonna take the cage out and just run one hdd in that 3.5 slot at the bottom then probably get a adapter into one of the 5.25 bay for the SSD, or vice versa.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRO-Bot;14255805
Oh shoot, you guys started a thread for this case? I just ordered it on Saturday from Directron. Newegg has it on their site but it says out of stock. Plus they have it for $99 with $17 shipping. So I just went ahead and ordered it from Directron for $108 shipped.

One thing I noticed is that if you have hard drives in the hard drive cage, they stick out past the rams. Which, if you have tall rams, they won't clear. I notice you have the Vengeance rams Nutty. I have the same rams too but I'm gonna take the cage out and just run one hdd in that 3.5 slot at the bottom then probably get a adapter into one of the 5.25 bay for the SSD, or vice versa.
Yer my thoughts exactly!

I only have one HDD and an SSD so I will be removing the HDD cage too. I think it'll look better with the cage anyway! Name is now added to the club list too!

Thanks for the tip though, I'll add it to the OP in a beware or issues section soon enough! +Rep

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Pumpkin;14255659
That's awesome dude!

Definitely should be the sig! Thanks so much man, that's really helpful! +Rep fooooo shoooo
biggrin.gif

EDIT: The logo's dont work in the sig, but still great effort! Thanks heaps
Damn, I removed the images from the php link and centered it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore;14244022
I saw it the other day and fell in love with it. I don't see any good mATX bulldozer boards out yet.

Edit: Never looked yet but where can I get it? I've only seen sundial micro.
Directron has it also for $95. Newegg's site shows it, but they don't have it in stock yet for $99. Directron was $108 shipped so I just ordered mine from there.

Yeah it was funny, before I searched it as "Silverstone TJ08e" and only saw Sundial Micro. But then I put "Silverstone TJ08-e" and Directron showed up.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092;14257832
Damn, I removed the images from the php link and centered it.
Cheers man. I'll add it to the OP and put in my sig!

Thanks so much for doing that.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2J;14262673
buh bye p180 mini

hello beautiful

eek.gif
Should I add you do the owners/will be owners list?

biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092;14244036

Depending on where you live it might come direct from Silverstone like mine if you order it from them.
Hey Nagle, so you ordered yours from Directron also? Did you get shipping confirmation and all that already? Because I ordered mine on Saturday. They haven't sent me a shipping confirmation yet, but now it says it's out of stock.
eek.gif
So I'm not sure if since I haven't got my shipping confirmation yet is because of it being out of stock? But I ordered it when it said it was in stock. Boo:mad:

I see you're in Marysville. I'm over in Seattle. So since you're getting it direct from Silverstone then I should probably also. So then Silverstone is probably out of stock? Bleh, well Directron says ETA is the 25th. We'll see.

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRO-Bot;14272193
Hey Nagle, so you ordered yours from Directron also? Did you get shipping confirmation and all that already? Because I ordered mine on Saturday. They haven't sent me a shipping confirmation yet, but now it says it's out of stock.
eek.gif
So I'm not sure if since I haven't got my shipping confirmation yet is because of it being out of stock? But I ordered it when it said it was in stock. Boo:mad:

I see you're in Marysville. I'm over in Seattle. So since you're getting it direct from Silverstone then I should probably also. So then Silverstone is probably out of stock? Bleh, well Directron says ETA is the 25th. We'll see.
Call Silverstone, if your order says shipped at Directron (go here http://www.directron.com/orderstatus.html enter your email and see what it says). I had to call Silverstone to get my tracking number, all it said on Directron was shipped/no tracking.

That being said.....

img20110719125943.jpg
img20110719130136.jpg

biggrin.gif

Ok heres some bad pictures of a rushed build

img20110719143540.jpg

img20110719143556.jpg

img20110719143841.jpg

Like I said sorry for the bad pics but I dont have the time today to get out my camera and take some nice ones. Also I was rushing putting it together so thats why its not cleaned up yet. Once I get some time I'm going to clean it up and take some good pics. I will also include some thoughts comparing this to my Lian Li.

dsc05731o.jpg

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092;14273161
Call Silverstone, if your order says shipped at Directron (go here http://www.directron.com/orderstatus.html enter your email and see what it says). I had to call Silverstone to get my tracking number, all it said on Directron was shipped/no tracking.

/Snip

That being said............

biggrin.gif
Yayyyyyy!

The first offical, confirmed owner! Have fun with the build.and.make sure to post your opinions and your final build.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Quote:

That being said.....

img20110719130136.jpg

Like I said sorry for the bad pics but I dont have the time today to get out my camera and take some nice ones. Also I was rushing putting it together so thats why its not cleaned up yet. Once I get some time I'm going to clean it up and take some good pics. I will also include some thoughts comparing this to my Lian Li.
Looking good man can't wait for mine. Although I have to admit, the PSU filter is kinda tacky.

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EM2J;14274128
Looking good man can't wait for mine. Although I have to admit, the PSU filter is kinda tacky.
It is, thats ok though I dont see the top of it unless I'm standing up anyways.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Quote:
Yeah, mine must be coming from Silverstone too then as it says Shipped/No TrackID.

Nice, you got yours already. That was quick and stuff inside already.

Was browsing through HardForums and looks like some one there had it earlier in the month. Here's the thread from over there. He has a bunch of pictures.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1576754&page=5

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Yeah I seen that guy had it. He got it early though somehing about a supplier in asia. Since its shipped call silverstones sales department in CA tomorrow. It took me 2 emails and a phone call to directron to find out about a trackng number. Only to be told that they placed the order through silverstone so I called them and got it.

Damn it, I just wrote some stuff about the case and gpu temps but I hit the back button on my mouse before I saved it... (really tired)
I will rewrite it later...

21 - 40 of 7288 Posts