Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 7288 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodysb2;14278072
Top GPU ok?
In short yes, it gets plenty of air. I will rewrite what I was going to say along with some number tomorrow.

Update

Ok well its tomorrow and here is the numbers. I used 10 runs of crysis bench at 1920x1080 with 8xQAA, DX10 and allowed the cards to get under 45c between each test. The cards were locked at 60% fan speed once they hit 60c for the tests.

Lian Li with 2 120mm intake (no fan filters) and a 92mm shrouded gpu duct temps were
78c top 63c bottom

For the TJ08-E temps are
67c top 82c bottom 180mm low speed with fan filter
67c top 81c bottom 180mm high speed with fan filter
67c top 80c bottom 180mm low speed without fan filter
65c top 75c bottom 180mm high speed without fan filter

and I just did a run with the 92mm shrouded gpu duct and the temps were
65c top 77c bottom 180mm low speed with fan filter

As you can see the filter is really restrictive. I dont think this will be an issue at all with any cards though, remember I do have first gen fermis sandwiched. In case your wondering what I mean when I say 92mm shrouded fan duct look at the attached picture.

Ok heres some thoughts on the TJ08-E
-Build quality is very good, not quite lian li quality but very close. Thats to be expected though since this case+shipping cost less than my A04.
-Start managing cable as soon as you put the mobo tray back in. I did reverse cable management and plugged the psu cables into components first and to the psu last. This will be challenging for guys without modular psu's.
-You can fit both an SSD and HDD in the 3.5" bay, you have to remove the cover and install the ssd then install the HDD in the cover and reinstall the cover into the case.
-The fan filter sucks, its very very restrictive. I did some gpu tests already and on low speed w/o the filter does better than high speed with the filter. Silverstones filters were always very restrictive though so nothing new..
-The 180mm fan is pretty loud on high speed, without any official way of measuring it I would say its as loud or slightly louder my 465s at 60% fan speed. On low speed its not bad at all but still audible.
-Very wide heatsinks like my C14 will be a little challenging, this was the only orientation I could fit it in.
-Fully loaded this thing is surprisingly heavy.
-Comes with a usb3-usb2 header for mobos without the usb 3 header.
-The side panel thumbscrews have rubber washers on them so they dont dig into the paint (very very nice addition that I have only seen on Lian Li cases like my A04).
-The case feet are of the stick on type but there is holes in case you would like to add your own.
-Power and reset buttons are metal and look very nice.
-Everything fits together very very nicely, there is no play (that I noticed) in the case even when its completely broken down. (for instance my raven felt like it was going to fall apart when both the sidepanels where off).

Thats all I can really think of for now.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Took me quite a bit of time to swap out my system to my new TJ08B-E case. Components:

2600K @ 4.5GHz 1.295vcore
ASRock Z68 Pro3-M
2x2GB G. Skill ECO CL7
Corsair H50 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM Fan
NZXT Hale90 650w 80+ Gold Modular PSU
2x Crucial M4 64GB SSD
2x Samsung F3 1TB HDD

Here are some pictures of my build (1st time trying to do wire management, I know I can do a better job but it works for me):

i-kzf5r4S-L.jpg

i-W7tdwgS-L.jpg

i-SLMffrT-L.jpg

Screenshot of temps running BOINC DC (Front 180mm fan at lowspeed 900RPM):

i-nGMnG5b-X2.jpg

·
Registered
284 Posts
When I look at this pictures I want this case more and more...

@nagle
that 92mm fan duct looks really awesome, and more or less fixes the issue I have with this case
how did u attach it? did u just squeeze it in there? ...doesnt that cause vibration noises?
from the pictures it looks like a perfect fit

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir;14292298
When I look at this pictures I want this case more and more...

@nagle
that 92mm fan duct looks really awesome, and more or less fixes the issue I have with this case
how did u attach it? did u just squeeze it in there? ...doesnt that cause vibration noises?
from the pictures it looks like a perfect fit
I used 3M double sided tape along the length of the bottom of the duct. It really is a perfect fit, it sits right ontop of the gpu support block perfectly in line with the cards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvjavs;14295481
Nice looking case.

Does it still come with those GPU support "fingers"? Or was that taken out from the prototype?

Definitely thinking bout getting this case, just don't like how the HDD cage is. It'll conflict with my GeminII S, but I guess this is an excuse to buy an Antec 620
biggrin.gif
The fingers are gone, they added a block on top of the hdd cage to support long cards. Your GeminII s will fit fine, I have a C14 in here with the hdd cage.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'll buy this case and put in an Bulldozer or ivy bridge(depending on realese date) and my tf2 gtx570..and maybe add one more 570. Looking forward to this
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by richierich1212;14289961
Took me quite a bit of time to swap out my system to my new TJ08B-E case. Components:

2600K @ 4.5GHz 1.295vcore
ASRock Z68 Pro3-M
2x2GB G. Skill ECO CL7
Corsair H50 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM Fan
NZXT Hale90 650w 80+ Gold Modular PSU
2x Crucial M4 64GB SSD
2x Samsung F3 1TB HDD

Here are some pictures of my build (1st time trying to do wire management, I know I can do a better job but it works for me):

/SNIP
/SNIP
/SNIP

Screenshot of temps running BOINC DC (Front 180mm fan at lowspeed 900RPM):

/SNIP
Awesome! Added.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092;14290526
Looks good, heres a teaser...
dsc05731o.jpg
Looking good man! Pretty excited to see it all finished. Changed your link on the owners list to show your builds too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veblen;14295796
Hmm, tempted to get one when it gets back in stock and do a watercooled build.
Dooooo ittttttt! It'd be interesting to see a custom loop in this case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeHouseMsc;14300948
I'll buy this case and put in an Bulldozer or ivy bridge(depending on realese date) and my tf2 gtx570..and maybe add one more 570. Looking forward to this
smile.gif
I'll add you to the "Will be owners" list!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvjavs;14295481
Nice looking case.

Does it still come with those GPU support "fingers"? Or was that taken out from the prototype?

Definitely thinking bout getting this case, just don't like how the HDD cage is. It'll conflict with my GeminII S, but I guess this is an excuse to buy an Antec 620
biggrin.gif
Come on Kvjavs! Imagine your Gene-Z in the case...
wink.gif

But, i also don't really like the HDD cage either really I'll definitely be removing it because I will be putting my single HDD in either the 5.25 drive bay or the the bottom 3.5 bay. In a case this small its still great to have the option of adding more storage space.

You know you want the Antec too anyway...

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Am seriously considering a WC build with the TJ08-E and was wondering if the current case owners can answer a couple of quick questions:

1. Once the HDD cage is removed, what is the distance from the end of the 180mm fan to the motherboard?
2. Can the SSD slot at the bottom be removed?

Thanks!
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by veblen;14301554
Am seriously considering a WC build with the TJ08-E and was wondering if the current case owners can answer a couple of quick questions:

1. Once the HDD cage is removed, what is the distance from the end of the 180mm fan to the motherboard?

Thanks!
smile.gif
I cant help you with Q1, but yes the bottom 3.5 inch bay can be removed. I'm almost certain, if not some handy work with a dremel would suffice.

Are you thinking 180mm rad at the front!? That would be amazing.

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veblen;14301554

Thanks!
smile.gif
2.25" from the 180 to the mobo tray, add an inch to the mobo itself. The tray and the 180mm fan are in line so if you have a big rad thats exactly 180mm it will hit the tray first. Also remember that you can use a 140mm in the front if you wish.
Also like Nutty said the bottom bay can be removed, and the ssd can still be mounted since it mounts to the bottom of the case.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Hey nagle3092...

More pictures of your build please...
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Pumpkin;14302273
Hey nagle3092...

More pictures of your build please...
biggrin.gif
I have to retake them, I tried something different and they all came out overexposed except for the one I posted (dont know why but you can see it on the internals in the pic I posted). So I'm going to play with it a little tomorrow and get some pics up.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092;14302613
I have to retake them, I tried something different and they all came out overexposed except for the one I posted (dont know why but you can see it on the internals in the pic I posted). So I'm going to play with it a little tomorrow and get some pics up.
Alrighty man,

Looking forward to it. Just wondering, if your going to sleeve your cables or even just buy sleeved extentsions? I just want to see what itd look like in this case.

·
Premium Member
6,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Pumpkin;14302768
Alrighty man,

Looking forward to it. Just wondering, if your going to sleeve your cables or even just buy sleeved extentsions? I just want to see what itd look like in this case.
I might buy some sleeved extensions, not sure yet. Right now funds are limited and the next thing I want to get for sure is a nice fan controller. Leaning towards the Lamptron FC5v2 but its kinds pricey so I might fall back to a Scythe Kaze Master.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagle3092;14302219
2.25" from the 180 to the mobo tray, add an inch to the mobo itself. The tray and the 180mm fan are in line so if you have a big rad thats exactly 180mm it will hit the tray first. Also remember that you can use a 140mm in the front if you wish.
Also like Nutty said the bottom bay can be removed, and the ssd can still be mounted since it mounts to the bottom of the case.
Thanks nagle and Nutty!
smile.gif
That is good news.

Just one more question
redface.gif
:

- Does the 180mm fan take up the entire width? It looks like it from the pics but is there any clearance at all on either side?

Am trying to see if a Phobya radiator will fit, if you haven't already guessed.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by veblen;14306117
Thanks nagle and Nutty!
smile.gif
That is good news.

Just one more question
redface.gif
:

- Does the 180mm fan take up the entire width? It looks like it from the pics but is there any clearance at all on either side?

Am trying to see if a Phobya radiator will fit, if you haven't already guessed.
tongue.gif
Hope there's some clearance on the sides, I wouldn't mind getting a 200mm Green LED Fan from NZXT and using some tip-ties to keep it on.

It's a shame the lack of 180mm fans on the market with LEDs. I have gone stealth long enough, now I wanna glow.
sneaky.gif
rolleyes.gif

41 - 60 of 7288 Posts