Overclock.net banner

Sim card too big for new phone?

25086 12
Long story short I own a Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. I now have a Samsung Galaxy Ace 4, My current sim is too nig to fit in it? I wanna keep all my stuff including number, what do I do?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
6,747 Posts
Go to your local phone store and have them cut your full size Sim to a Micro Sim. Your carrier should be able to get you a SIM that will work without cutting the old one though.

You can cut it yourself as well.
http://www.solutios.com/simcutting/

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7-2nr View Post

Go to your local phone store and have them cut your full size Sim to a Micro Sim. Your carrier should be able to get you a SIM that will work without cutting the old one though.

You can cut it yourself as well.
http://www.solutios.com/simcutting/
Lets say I mess up and cut it wrong. I would lose everything?

· User
2,184 Posts
Go to your mobile phone carrier and ask tell them you need a new sim. Your phone probably uses a nano SIM.

· Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoLDii3 View Post

Go to your mobile phone carrier and ask tell them you need a new sim. Your phone probably uses a nano SIM.
Sorry for being an idiot. By new sim what would this mean for me? I managed to transfer my contacts to my new phone via Google account I believed, synced it. I just need my current O2 network transferred.

thanks for replies guys.

· Registered
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzon View Post

Sorry for being an idiot. By new sim what would this mean for me? I managed to transfer my contacts to my new phone via Google account I believed, synced it. I just need my current O2 network transferred.

thanks for replies guys.
I do happen to cut simcards on regular basis because of my family's business and people constantly switching phones and having the old large simcards. If you do mess up your simcard, you would only loose contacts, which you saved on the simcard, which I doubt that you did, since all newer phones dont do this anymore unless specifically asked for. You'd call your handler and request a new simcard, which would of course have the same phone number, and propably even the same pin, and already in the right size. Don't worry about cutting, just take your time and you will be good.

· PCMR
1,424 Posts

· Registered
300 Posts
wait..... the sim should be 2 in 1. all ours have been. the micro sim should snap out of the bigger sim. its a bit hard to snap out, but it does snap out. (my wife got my fil phone hers was a full and his was a micro. snap and i put hers in his, then put his into the big one and put it back in the old phone to hold keep the sim) unless your carrier has all separate ones

· Registered
524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by circeseye View Post

wait..... the sim should be 2 in 1. all ours have been. the micro sim should snap out of the bigger sim. its a bit hard to snap out, but it does snap out. (my wife got my fil phone hers was a full and his was a micro. snap and i put hers in his, then put his into the big one and put it back in the old phone to hold keep the sim) unless your carrier has all separate ones
Thats what they do nowadays, still plenty of old big sim cards out there

· Registered
2 Posts
I wouldn't say I like such situations. Until recently, they were common to me as well. Fortunately, a friend recommended a method for me to avoid such situations. The method consists in using a phone number generator. Thanks to it, you can obtain fake phone numbers, valid only for authentication on various social networks. In addition, these fake phone numbers give you much more security, considering that no one can find out your data with its help because it has nothing in common with you. Try it!

· Registered
10 Posts
I had a similar situation and while I waited for my new smaller sim card, I used a virtual phone number to contact people. By the way, I didn't think it is so convenient to use. I spend so much less money with a virtual phone number for calls, texts, and so on than with a Verizon phone number. If anyone is interested in a phone like that, here is the service I discovered.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.