Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a haf 932 case, its really nice but the inside really just HAS to be black after looking at some peoples mods it really makes the case beautiful.

I've never modded my cases or anything so I'm just hoping can LINK me the supplies needed to spray paint my case black inside, I don't want to powder coat I just want a good looking spray paint job inside. Flat black.

Also this is a question on another note but I think I'm going to change all of my HAF blue Leds to white fans, can I install a fan controller and be able to control these fans easily? Again I've never really modded my cases but I want to get into it. If you can you recommend me a good one?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Ok, First go to Home Depot or Loews and buy your Self some:
  • Emery Cloth (kinda like sandpaper)
  • Rivets
  • Rivet Tool (for installing Rivets
    )
  • Mineral Oils
Now we gotta move to the Paints!
Get the following:
  • 2-3 Cans of Self Etching primer (preferably White)[RustOleum is a good brand]
  • 2-3 Cans of Matt Black (same as Flat) "Metal" Paint [RustOleum is good for this too]
  • 3 Cans of Matt Clear Coat Paint
Theres nothing Fancy to it

Its just a lot of Work and most importantly patience!!

Never Rush and always Wait between coats!

Start painting off the material then come into it in a sweep motion! (there should be an instruction vid)

Ohh and yea your gonna have to take off those Rivets

Not hard but tricky

(PS. You'll need a drill to take out rivets)
(PPS. No you wont ruin your case lol)

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome thanks.

do you think you could link me a fan controller that could simply control 6 fans because if i understand correctly the haf fan case stock controller only works with the stock fans and CM replacements

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JAM3S121 View Post
awesome thanks.

do you think you could link me a fan controller that could simply control 6 fans because if i understand correctly the haf fan case stock controller only works with the stock fans and CM replacements
The Haf doesnt have a Controller

and yea sure get these
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-171-_-Product

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome dude.

im hoping to get the spray paint job done soon, how long would you say in between coats or primer etc?

my plan is to change the HAF 932 blue leds to a white/purple set up. with the black inside i think its going to look real slick.

Gonna change the large side 230mm blue led fan to 4x 120mm white fans.

change the top 230mm blue to a 140mm purple fan, same with rear intake

then the front bottom either purple or white i havn't decieded.

I would just stick with the blue/red but i want my case to look a little more unique, most cases seem always blue (antec 900 comes to mind.)

i appreciate your help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts