Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audio-illiterate person here. Quick question that I'm sure you guys will be able to answer in 30s and then judge me for being so stupid haha. Anyways, Thinking about adding some stuff to my desk setup and got stumped on the audio stuff. I want to get this TV, and from what I've read the picture quality on it is fine for the price, but the speakers are sub par. The TV will hang above where my computer monitors are, and I'm getting these speakers. (unless theres some other good 5.1 systems for around that price.. poor college student here
tongue.gif
). So my question is, is it possible for me to use those speakers on both the computer AND the TV? If so, would I need to get some additional cables/splitters or anything? Also, are there any "extension cables" i can get for the satellite speakers? My rooms kind of big haha. Figured I'd ask someone smarter than I before dumping the money!

tl;dr poor college audio noob wants to hook up cheap 5.1 system with cheap HDTV and computer at the same time

Thanks!
Weston

·
ACK!
448 Posts
I'm 99% sure that those speakers only have one set of inputs so to use them for both your tv and computer you will need to find some kind of adapter that has the type of connections you need. Or, you need to switch over the wires whenever you switch from tv to computer. Also note that those speakers do not have RCA inputs (TVs generally have RCA audio output) so you would need an adapter to take the rca output from your tv to the 1/8" inputs on the speakers.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I do not think off hand there is any cost effective way to get TV audio to the Logitech X-540 speakers.

If you run HDMI from your computer the the TV, you can use the TV as the computer monitor, so games and movies played on your computer would look and sound great.

How are you getting a TV signal to the new TV, cable box or other?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts