Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys have any suggestions for a simple video editor?

I've tried WMM, but it takes forever to save the work, and it's tools are very limited.

I've tried VirtualDub but every video I edit needs to be compressed (otherwise a 5min clip is 10gb+) and it's tools are limited/hard to use.

I've tried Sony Vegas and it's extremely complicated.

Say I have a music video, and I want to edit out my favorite part of the video.

With that new clip, I want to put a new music to it, and other simple tasks.

Any ideas?

·
Banned
216 Posts
I don't see how Vegas could be labeled as complicated ??? WMM frustrates me to no end though....

Put the clip that you want to edit in the timeline.
Roll your mouse wheel forward to zoom in on the clip.
Go to the beginning of the part you want to edit and press S, then repeat for the end.
Right click on the parts you don't want and delete them.
Then add the music.

If you have audio in the video clip then click over here where I explain how to remove audio in Vegas (Second screen shot down)

http://www.overclock.net/8748031-post4.html

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd recommend checking out Vegas again. I was able to learn the program and edit videos with ease within 2 days. I found the program very intuitive and simple.

I'm sorry, but I don't know of any simpler video editing programs.

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
I like Vegas because it can be used by people who want to do some simple video editing, yet it's also used avidly by video professionals because such advanced features are there. I don't have a clue what other video editor you could try, but I've heard lots of good things about Camtasia Studio and Magix Movie Maker. You could try those.
-xd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts