Votes: 7 25.9%
  • GTX 560 Ti SLI

Votes: 20 74.1%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OCN vet
1,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own two GTX 560 Ti in SLI and im still in time to return them to the store.

I was wondering if a single gtx 570 would be better for the higher VRAM. It would also lower my case temps going to a single card configuration (im assuming)

I play games at 1920x 1080 and usually its BC2 or Just Cause 2. I am also looking forward to playing BF3 in high settings.

Whats the best option? i think gtx 570 sli is kind of out of my budget but if I could stretch it i would get the EVGA GTX 570 HD (the weird cooler ones).

What do you think?

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Going from SLi 560 Tis to a single 570 would be a massive loss in performance. If you have no intentions of SLI with the 570, I can't see any good reason to make that move.

The little bit of extra memory you gain won't come close to making up the difference. Most likely if a game comes along that's choking 1GB cards at 1080p, a single 570 won't get playable framerates on its own anyway.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Keep your current configuration!

Dual GTX 560 Ti > GTX 570

Also, I wouldn't go near the 570 HD card... I've heard of it having a lot of problems, especially noise.

The vRAM shouldn't make a major difference at your resolution, it might make the difference between 8xMSAA and 4xMSAA but that's it.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Somenamehere
View Post

You will probably see no improvement in real world gameplay and only very very few fps gain in benchmarks. Unless you have 3 monitors you dont need the extra VRAM anyway.

Keep the 560's

This pretty much sums it all up, perfect first post.

Anyways, my personal opinion is buy the most powerful single card you can get off the bat, then down the line add a 2nd/more if you need to. I would have purchased the single 570 to start, instead of 2 560s, and then you'd be in the boat of adding a 2nd 570 now.

·
Retired Moderation
10,672 Posts
You already own them, keep em.

Unless you were going to go 570 SLI eventually. One GTX 570 would be a step back in performance as stated above but would be able to handle BC2. IF you could upgrade to another 570 SLI next year then it's hindsight. However if your budget strapped, then stepping back in performance wouldn't be worth it to be stuck at one GTX 570.

Enjoy your 560 SLI set up buddy.
Happy gaming!

I hit the budget wall myself after putting my rig together since December building ground up. Won't be SLI until next year in Feb 2012. LOL.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Keep your 560's...

Man that vRAM limitation is the new rage...
I agree that games are becoming more and more vRAM hungry, but it's not to the point were all 1GB cards will immediately become door stops....

1GB cards = resolution of 1080P or below and probably 4X AA most settings on high

1GB+ cards = higher res, higher AA settings, triple display, 3D vision

That's how I see it...

·
Overclocked
3,924 Posts
560 Ti's will destroy a single GTX 570 by a respectable margin. IMHO...not worth it . the extra 256 MB VRAM is not something serious to justify the upgrade.
If you want VRAM go with the more powerful GTX 580 1.5 or 3 GB versions. Then SLI them If you plan to. Other than that I wouldn't call it an upgrade.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/312?vs=306 GTX 470 SLI vs. GTX 570.
You will get slightly better fps than GTX 470 SLI as the GTX 560 Ti scales better. But this benchmark is just to put you on the picture.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts