1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i'm about to put in the order for my water cooling set up

I was wondering about a single or double heater core... is there that much of a

cooling difference between a double and a single

I really just dont want to pay the 39 for the double and 40 for the 4 fans on it

unless there is really that much difference

-thanks alot

·
Registered
663 Posts
well to better help you i need to know the rest of your setup. if your using those danger den heater cores there cheap the dual doesnt cost much more than a single. to make sure the setup runs as chill as possible i would get the double.

·
Registered
663 Posts
ah ok well i got 4 fans on 2 rads i only put them on one side. are you going push/push or a push/pull config..ya see i didnt think it was necessary because i am only 1 degree from freezing temps using 2 fans on each rad.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
I've got a dual heatercore, and also an XSPC Single radiator. The Dual heatercore does lower temps by about 5oC over a single rad, but i'm thinking about using my XSPC single rad just so i can fit it neatly in my case.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

are you running a fan on both sides and both sides shrouded with your rads?

Yes i am. I'm running YS-Tec 125cfm 40db Fans.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
I agree with XMS. I used to use a single heatercore with 1 fan, then switched to a double with 4 fans and my temps dropped by about 5-7 degrees if I remember correctly. Then again, Prescotts do run quite a bit hotter than the A64's.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea i just placed the order for a single for 2 resons

the price difference

and the double heatercore didnt leave enough space between the 2 fans for the set up I am using

its for the best of the new case mod...which by the way if all goes well should make everyone drool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts