Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to do a small form factor build, and graphics cards are killing me how they take up 2 PCI slots even though I'm only using one display output. I also plan on water cooling so I don't need the extra space for fans. Anyone know of a Graphics card that only uses one PCI slot that is adequate for gaming? (ie. not a workstation card or under performing card)

I am looking to ideally get a GTX 770, so maybe use that to ballpark performance?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Single slot with 770 performance is a bit difficult, the closest I could find on Newegg was a GTX 650.

·
Read Only
5,227 Posts
Well if you install a water block onto a GTX 770 then it won't take up nearly as much space. How much room do you need, max?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what im trying to avoid... I would say I could just use two of them and SLI them, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the single PCI slot requierment :p

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,249 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink3Slyde View Post

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_760_Mini_ITX_Gaming/

Something like this? I remember reading about it a while ago, not sure on availability though.
The is pretty intriguing... If i recall, I can throw a water block on this and watercool it with a GTX 660 block and vuala... a single slot low profile graphics card...

Pretty Damn Close to a GTX 770 performance at about 1/4 of the size...

Too bad no one has jumped up just one more card to a 770...

·
Registered
784 Posts
i think Asus has a similar 670 card.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidSnail View Post

The is pretty intriguing... If i recall, I can throw a water block on this and watercool it with a GTX 660 block and vuala... a single slot low profile graphics card...

Pretty Damn Close to a GTX 770 performance at about 1/4 of the size...

Too bad no one has jumped up just one more card to a 770...
Pretty sure there will be something more to your liking with Maxwell, if the 750ti power requirements and are anything to go by, and small form factors continue to become more popular. Doesn't help right now though obviously.
redface.gif

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlangford View Post

I wonder if you could cut the second bracket off a 770 (only has DVI I) and, with a waterblock, make it single slot
I guess you have a point... It still will function the same, I just cant use the second DVI port (which I dont need anyway). Basically my issue is the small form factor allows only 3 PCI slots to be used... and I hate limiting myself by throwing a 2 port GPU and only having one left.

IF i was to do that... how much space does a water block take up? can i still have full functionality of PCI bay 2?

·
Registered
45 Posts
If your motherboard supports two graphics cards in that arrangement, one in the first slot and one in the third, and there is enough room for a connection between the waterblocks, it would probably work. Otherwise, I would go for a dual gpu card

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,249 Posts
if your going to watercool there are alot of 280-280x's that can be made single slot pretty easy
smile.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts