Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I heard a distant rumor a while ago galaxy was working towards a one slot GTX470.

I think it died in a fire. (epic pun
)

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I could see a 460 or lesser being a single slot. Overclocking would suck, i would imagine. Nothing is stopping them, I mean galaxy made a single slot gtx 260.

·
Banned
4,996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1keith1
View Post

I heard a distant rumor a while ago galaxy was working towards a one slot GTX470.

I think it died in a fire. (epic pun
)

OP the card is most likely to big and heavy to have a single slot hold it place
+ the card would burn up unless it was water cooled

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gnomepatrol
View Post

I could see a 460 or lesser being a single slot. Overclocking would suck, i would imagine. Nothing is stopping them, I mean galaxy made a single slot gtx 260.

Damn sexy too. tipsycoma sold one a few months ago on here.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Bah I don't like working with tools like that, my hand isn't steady at all.

I hope EVGA or someone comes out with a single slot bracket, I'd like that very much.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
lol.... hm.... a single slot Fermi would make a nice Physx card as well...

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, I did say GTX 460 or GTS 450, those don't run that hot. I think it's perfectly feasible to make a single slot card for those GPU. If they can make a single slot GTX260, they can do it for this.

Water cooling isn't feasible for cost reasons, when each GPU block is $70, that adds a lot to the cost if you have 4 or 5 cards cranking. If you can have a single slot 450 or 460, just grab a P6T7 (or better yet, SR-2) and slap 7 of them on there, and that's a ton of ppd right there.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
If anyone is gonna try to attempt that feat, it's Galaxy.
They once sold a single-slot GTX260.

I guess single-slotters are not that bad afterall; look at XFX's SS HD5770.

For people using an mATX CF board like me, I can have 2 GPU's and still gain access to my PCIe X1 and my PCI slot.

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
It can be done but the money isnt out there to buy it. If your paying $250 + for a video card one assumes you would know what you need to run it.

Im sure they can make the dual slot 460 into a long single slot 460.

**** just get a 8800GT cooler Ghetto rig it and under clock your card problem solved. (+ a jig saw)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts