Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I run a benchmark on my ram and got a score of 6210 mb/s, i decided to run it a few more time to see if the score was consistent.....it wasnt....

Test 1: 6210 mb/s
Test 2: 6208 mb/s
Test 3: 6200 mb/s
Test 4: 6198 mb/s
Test 5: 6195 mb/s

*** is going on!...anyone else experiencing this?

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

I run a benchmark on my ram and got a score of 6210 mb/s, i decided to run it a few more time to see if the score was consistent.....it wasnt....

Test 1: 6210 mb/s
Test 2: 6208 mb/s
Test 3: 6200 mb/s
Test 4: 6198 mb/s
Test 5: 6195 mb/s

*** is going on!...anyone else experiencing this?

I would say those results are pretty consistent. Remember you have other windows programs/proccesses running in the background while you benchmarking, so you have to allow for some fluctuation. How much of a fluctuation I guess would depend on how much and which processes going on in the background at that moment.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was nothing loaded. And i mean nothing. This is a clean install of Windows.

I would understand if it was going up and down...but this was going down between 2-8mb/s for every benchmark.

I have continued to do it and managed to get my benchmaark down to 6149mb/s....its wierd.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Keep going, you may just very well lose enough points to really be concerned with it.
Fluctuation of ~50 mb/s is normal and neglible.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NoAffinity

Keep going, you may just very well lose enough points to really be concerned with it.
Fluctuation of ~50 mb/s is normal and neglible.

Agreed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts