Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Stealin Yer Sammich!
9,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister in law moved in with my wife and I just over a year ago. Her main form of Internet and Gaming was an aging 10 year old Toshiba laptop named "Toshi". (Original right?) Well, "Toshi" died. Would no longer hold a charge nor would it power on while plugged in anymore. Had to explain to her that it was not going to be cost effective to try and repair a 10 year old laptop. I had a Lenovo SFF Business machine laying about so I loaned it to her until her computer was built. She's been watching Netfix, Youtube etc with that on her 24" TV

I talked her into a new mATX Ryzen Budget build. 1 part at a time we have ordered this. 1. Part. At. A. Time. Ugh.

Here's what we have come up with.
Ordered Parts:
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X with Wraith Stealth Cooler - $110
ASUS Prime A320M-K mATX Motherboard - $60
Fractal Design Focus G Mini Black MicroATX - $50
Seagate Barracuda ES 1 TB 7200RPM - $55
Asus 24x DVD-RW - $20
SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W - $64

Parts to be ordered:
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
CM Storm Devastator Gaming Bundle Wired Gaming Keyboard w/Optical Mouse(in Green)
Copy of Windows.

And I am selling her my EVGA GTX 770 Superclocked 4GB GPU for $75.
She will be using the 24" LED TV for a monitor.

Please keep in mind this is her first ever Desktop build. On a tight budget. She works as a cashier at a gas station.
Yeah I know that an SSD would be a great idea. But she has a problem with making sure when she installs or downloads stuff that it goes to the proper drive. So I am trying to streamline the process for now.
And yeah I know that 16GB DDR4-3000 would be optimal. But this is is extreme budget building here. Thus the reason I got her 1x8GB 2400 of RAM for now. She can pickup another 8GB down the line or bump up to the 3000 later. I feel that this is a great base for her to start with. I wanted her to get something that will do her light gaming and light photo editing. She is mainly going to be watching Youtube, Playing Facebook games and light Game titles, etc. Nothing overly strenuous thus the reason for the Wraith Heatsink.

What do you guys think? Good base to start with?

Pics to be added later.

·
Amiga 500
3,662 Posts
Sure , that really looks like it'll do the job quite nicely indeed for her intended use..

If down the road she gets the upgrade itch she can get another 8gigs of ram and a new GPU no problem

:thumb:

·
Registered
153 Posts
the only drawback at buying this 1 part at a time, is that you will be off the return windows in case you have a DOA on a part and cannot test it.

would be better IMO to just save the money in a saving account and buy a pre-mounted PC after a few months.
pre-mounted PCs tend to have the same price as Do-it-yourself, and it's more convenient for the warranty
also financing options are available like pay in 3-6 months without interrest.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts