Overclock.net banner

Site Performance, what is it like for you ?

• It is fine, same speed as other sites I use

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • It could be better, slower than other sites I use ALL THE TIME

Votes: 29 25.4%
  • It could be better, slower than other sites I use SOME OF THE TIME

Votes: 29 25.4%
  • Terrible, much slower than other sites I use.

Votes: 31 27.2%
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
:)
11,146 Posts
It is still slow for me compared to other sites I use, however it is slightly faster now overall and every page actually loads without issue! Have not had to F5 at all recently, so there is progress for OCN :)

How did the switch go @ENTERPRISE?

·
Administrator
64,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
It is still slow for me compared to other sites I use, however it is slightly faster now overall and every page actually loads without issue! Have not had to F5 at all recently, so there is progress for OCN :)

How did the switch go @ENTERPRISE?
That is good to hear, will await further feedback from other users. I will confirm with VS that the switch has happened. Either way the site is performing better at my end.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
it freezes up my browser for a little bit on every page load. your link thing in the op shows the connection to be fine, it acts like it's script that's running the site or something. this is the only web site that locks up my entire browser. i'm only running uBlock origin. EDIT: chrome on 7 been this way for sometime now. only on this machine.

·
Administrator
64,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
it freezes up my browser for a little bit on every page load. your link thing in the op shows the connection to be fine, it acts like it's script that's running the site or something. this is the only web site that locks up my entire browser. i'm only running uBlock origin. EDIT: chrome on 7 been this way for sometime now. only on this machine.
Ill have a look at Chrome again but has been ok for me thus far. Im looking to have further performance tweaks undertaken but that will be after the main performance of tasks are sorted.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
maybe i should just install no script on that machine and see if that helps. it isn't new but, it's newer than my core 2 machines, so i'll test on my even older core 2 laptops.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
installed no script and it stopped freezing up instantly upon next load.

·
Premium Member
10,919 Posts
Massive laggage posting ATM.

·
Newsfiend
2,435 Posts
Well, I don't feel the need to open 5+ threads and bounce between them as their next page loads anymore so I'd say that is progress.

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
removed no script and it's back to causing chrome to flat out stop responding for a second or 5

·
Premium Member
10,919 Posts
I would like to point out that I should have mentioned in my previous post that I have had no issues up until that point and today it is much more responsive.

·
Linux Noob
1,182 Posts
Don't know what you've done, but keep it up. Safari on my MacBook pro is quicker and much more consistent. Don't touch anything.

·
Senioritis Member
8,396 Posts
Overall, OCN seems a bit faster but, at times, usually during the daytime hours, it's still sluggish.

·
:)
11,146 Posts
Seems to be working better now ~E :cheers:

121 - 135 of 135 Posts