Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've just bought myself a brand new opteron 144 CABNE 0545 which i plan to use with my sig computer, I dont really want to up-grade to PCI as i've not had my x800xl long, and i need to buy some good RAM to help me O/C this beast!!. I was thinking about buying a ASROCK Dual sata2 but the voltage options are very limited. and they dont overclock too well. So i would like some help in choosing the best agp mobo that will get the best out of the opty!!

Ps: if any 1 does have a ASROCK dual sata could they post there OC results and encounters.
THANKS

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
You got it then?

Someone was just having problems with that board and a DC Opteron. Prob the best AGP board would be the MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum. Used to have this board and it was okay. Bit picky on the bios to use, but once you get it right it overclocks well. If you do get it, PM me and I'll link you to some bioses that should do well.

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah got it from ebay in the end £153 pp.
Yeah read that thread, the opty's been tested at 2.983 stable if i got the msi and some good ram do you think it would take it to this.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the links Chim3ra ive' heard good things about the ASUS A8V i'll try to find some good reviews and prices in the UK.

Thanks again STE

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]

Yeah got it from ebay in the end £153 pp.
Yeah read that thread, the opty's been tested at 2.983 stable if i got the msi and some good ram do you think it would take it to this.

Hmm, you're going to struggle to get that sort of HTT out of an nF3 board. Might be able to get 270(ish)*9, but the board is going to limit that Opteron. Nf4 would be better, but only that ASRock can take AGP and PCI-E.

·
Registered
688 Posts
im running 2.7 stock voltage, but thas with a 146, so a 10x multi. i wouldnt recomend the board for that cpu the bios is capped at 274ish htt, you can select higher but it either wont post or just wont set it at that, you can use the OCWB1 or 2 beta bios files to lift the bios cap (not sure about OCWB2) but with using 1 you get the cold boot issue. the core voltage goes up to 1.45 but if you look in the voltmods section some one posted a link to a guide to get 1.55, also the vdimm has a poor selection, i think its 2.6 - 2.7/8 but that can also be vmoded to 3.1ish.
There has been a couple off people get this board to 400htt stable but tha was with the OCWB1 beta bios and core volt mod.

• Rep+
Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 7 of 7 Posts