Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Some Guy
714 Posts
Hmm, I can't say I've heard anything regarding Cannonlake.
Though I think you're atleast a year too early to start researching for a potential CPU-upgrade into the Cannonlake generation.

Just think of Cannonlake as Skylake with lower power usage and slightly higher performance.
If you are lucky, a slightly improved DDR4 memory controller.

And according to Wikipedia, L1 and L2 caches on Skylake are going to be doubled..
I refuse to believe this, but I must admit that it would make it an awesome upgrade. (Performance would probably only increase for certain workloads.)

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Odd that it's 2 years out and we know so little about it. I remember reading about Ivy Bridge before Nehalem came out. Skymont/Cannonlake has been the last codename in Intel's tick-tock for a few years now.

·
AMD Overclocker
GHOST V4.1.1
6,467 Posts
Really? You are hunting around for successors before Broadwell is out? Just wait a few mins while I try and find my Crystal Ball. I know it is around here somewhere?
rolleyes.gif

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post

Really? You are hunting around for successors before Broadwell is out? Just wait a few mins while I try and find my Crystal Ball. I know it is around here somewhere?
rolleyes.gif
I'm not trying to buy a CPU dude. I'm just curious about technology. This is a technology forum yeah?

·
AMD Overclocker
GHOST V4.1.1
6,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Poindexter View Post

Quote:

rolleyes.gif
I'm not trying to buy a CPU dude. I'm just curious about technology. This is a technology forum yeah?
Yeah. It just seems odd that we are trying to find out about a processor still 2 gens away. 1 when Broadwell releases but its still not out yet.

At least to me it is. I usually find it hard to find enough information on the next gen processors. Never mind their successors as well. I hope you wer not insulted by my post. Was more a joke then a troll attempt
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Yeah. It just seems odd that we are trying to find out about a processor still 2 gens away. 1 when Broadwell releases but its still not out yet.

At least to me it is. I usually find it hard to find enough information on the next gen processors. Never mind their successors as well. I hope you wer not insulted by my post. Was more a joke then a troll attempt
tongue.gif
Even Skylake is very light on details, and it comes out next year. DDR4 and PCIe 4.0 seem to be all that's confirmed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.