Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made a lock in the sky forge. What can I do with it? I thought it was a lock box. I read that the stuff you store in your house can be stolen. How can I prevent this?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Some of the items that you build for your house will require locks. Doors, cabinets, display cases...stuff like that. Ive never heard of stuff being stolen.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7-2nr View Post

Some of the items that you build for your house will require locks. Doors, cabinets, display cases...stuff like that. Ive never heard of stuff being stolen.
how do i use them? How do i put them on the doors cabinets and cases?

·
Registered
3,467 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post

Once you build your house, you can go to one of the town's inns and get a follower. They have the option to guard your house... when you and the follower are at your house, tell the follower to "stay here"
You need to leave the housecarl in the house, do not ask them to follow you.

·
Ever Forward.
6,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlnder3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethy666 View Post

Once you build your house, you can go to one of the town's inns and get a follower. They have the option to guard your house... when you and the follower are at your house, tell the follower to "stay here"
You need to leave the housecarl in the house, do not ask them to follow you.
Get a follower, take them to the house, ask them to be your hoursecarl (if you already have a follower, they may ask about being your hoursecarl on their own when you visit the house). They will then stop being a follower and guard the house/take care of things at home - they will no longer use any weapons/armour that you gave them as a follower tho; at least for me, mine got rid of everything I had given them as a follower. You will then be able to get another follower.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-Imagery View Post

Get a follower, take them to the house, ask them to be your hoursecarl (if you already have a follower, they may ask about being your hoursecarl on their own when you visit the house). They will then stop being a follower and guard the house/take care of things at home - they will no longer use any weapons/armour that you gave them as a follower tho; at least for me, mine got rid of everything I had given them as a follower. You will then be able to get another follower.
They still have all the weapons and armor, they just don't use the armor. If you gave them a cool weapon they'll usually keep it equipped. They'll equip their armor again if you tell them to follow you and then you leave home, thus making them a follower again (temporarily).

At any rate, locks are an ingredient when making containers, but there's no way to lock them..aside from any mods that add that function.

·
Ever Forward.
6,524 Posts
Hmm, I had Uthgerd (or howerver its spelt), when I had her follow me again her inventory was empty
wth.gif

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR-Imagery View Post

Hmm, I had Uthgerd (or howerver its spelt), when I had her follow me again her inventory was empty
wth.gif
And she was your steward/housecarl at the time? Not sure, might have been a glitch. I've had both Lydia and Iona keep their inventory without losing anything (with different characters), but they were my stewards at the time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts