Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to take apart my old computer's power supply and single sleeve it just to practice and see how good I am at it... before i do my corsair 950tx..

here are pictures, let me know what you guys think
Start, this is what it looked like..

Sleeving bought from furryletters off ebay.

Here is where i am at now...

more detailed pictures to come once the thing is finished, gotta run to frys and get more heatshrink.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I love it. +rep for awesome sleeving. The more threads I see of this, the more I want to take the dive. Still too nervous though :x

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol it was my first try, i just really like to be picky on my work... so far its taken me 7 days and im not even finished... with work school and my gf, only time i work on it is from 2am to 4am lol... when i have nothing going on and I can usually stay up without anyone asking for me.. haha..

·
Registered
62 Posts
WOW!!! I'm looking into the something similar on my computer. Question. How UV reactive would you say that sleeving is? I'm looking into getting some neon green from Fuzzy as well and was wondering how reactive the sleeving is. Do you think I should go with something that specifically says "UV reactive" or does this do the job? Also, what size sleeving and heatshrink did you use?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by JediMstrKris View Post
WOW!!! I'm looking into the something similar on my computer. Question. How UV reactive would you say that sleeving is? I'm looking into getting some neon green from Fuzzy as well and was wondering how reactive the sleeving is. Do you think I should go with something that specifically says "UV reactive" or does this do the job? Also, what size sleeving and heatshrink did you use?
Its pretty uv reactive. and if you pick green, im pretty sure its gonna be bright...

lol to be honest, i ordered over the phone, i dont like dealing through ebay, hes pretty straight forward, send him an email on ebay and he will respond. He took my order over the phone and sent me paypal request... best experience ive ever had.

and the best part of it was that he could check stock and tell me about how much of each color he had...

the color ones arent clean cut, its just PET but, just take a lighter and burn the tip before you start using it..

a trick i did was i burned the tip with my torch lighter, and then stuck a small screw driver to open it up a little, made sleeving it much easier..

thanks for the complements...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Looks great man

1 - 20 of 32 Posts