Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 263 Posts

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I've SLI'd 560ti's 580's and 670's(currently) a lot and quite frankly im tired of the driver related issues of newly released games. I'm getting a Titan in a week or so...I'm willing to sacrifice some performance for more consistancy....but that's just me.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teichu View Post

will be the better option if i wan to play crysis 3?
YES
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr/owned View Post

No because 2 680's is much faster than a single Titan and costs less. Unless you're planning on playing with multi-monitors, 2GB of VRAM is still OK.

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/crysis_3_graphics_performance_review_benchmark,8.html
NO, My Titan SMOKES my old GTX680 Classified 4gb setup. It is WAAAAY smoother and the FPS are almost identical.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,394 Posts
The performance increase will probably be no different as if you were to go from SLI 9800GTXs to a single GTX 285. You'll get better minimum FPS, so long as SLI problems permit, but I wouldn't bother.

It's not worth it for a grand...

·
Premium Member
6,238 Posts
SLI 680 is way better then Titan and 2GB still goes a very long way even with multi monitor setups.

·
Registered
924 Posts
The only ways that a Titan would be superior is in the Vram department and also the fact that single cards tend to play more nicely with games than dual cards. Otherwise, it would be a huge waste of money to make the switch, and definitely not worth it at all.

·
Registered
38 Posts
All I have to say is, don't base your decision on Titan owners' opinions. When someone has spent that amount of money on a GPU, it's 100% certain he'll come out saying it smokes everything else.

IMO the Titan is a considerable choice only if you don't have 670/680 SLI or a 690 already. Otherwise you're sidegrading for quite a few hundreds of dollars which is not a wise move.

·
Banned
9,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by l88bastar View Post

YES
NO, My Titan SMOKES my old GTX680 Classified 4gb setup. It is WAAAAY smoother and the FPS are almost identical.

Something was very wrong with your setup then because 680 SLI > Titan by a wide margin

OP dont even worry about Titan. 680's in SLI are beasts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappous_soulis View Post

All I have to say is, don't base your decision on Titan owners' opinions. When someone has spent that amount of money on a GPU, it's 100% certain he'll come out saying it smokes everything else.

IMO the Titan is a considerable choice only if you don't have 670/680 SLI or a 690 already. Otherwise you're sidegrading for quite a few hundreds of dollars which is not a wise move.
Definitely agree with this^

·
Premium Member
11,389 Posts
wait until real gaming cards come out. Sure Titans are amazing for single GPU setups..but that comes with time. Of course they're going to be better. Secondly, unless you really need all that computer power, rendering something or running some extreme CAD software, you're really missing out on the main point of these cards.

680's are pure gaming cards. They're good at nothing else except gaming. keep them until the 780s come out with similar Titan performance but for 500 bucks of pure gaming components

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pappous_soulis View Post

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Ya you should definantly base your decision by people who do NOT own a Titan and have no idea what they are talking about outside of "NUMBERS." Yes DO NOT listen to people that have owned SLI 680s and now a TITAN.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
2 680s are still quicker, I only got a Titan because the 680s were out of stock.

Had the stock been in, I'd be running two 680s now
smile.gif

edit: grammar

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Puft View Post

Something was very wrong with your setup then because 680 SLI > Titan by a wide margin

OP dont even worry about Titan. 680's in SLI are beasts
NOthing was wrong with my setup, it ran impressive numbers. However, it was not perfectly SMOOOTH due to random jitter, minor micro stutter & GPU conversational lag. The 680s have 50% less memory bandwidth versus the Titans and that MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE that you will not see in the NUMBERS but your EYEBALLS will see as the TITAN produces PURE BUTTER. I cannot believe its 2013 and enthusiasts still do not grasp this concept!

·
Banned
9,553 Posts
Quote:

rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Ya you should definantly base your decision by people who do NOT own a Titan and have no idea what they are talking about outside of "NUMBERS." Yes DO NOT listen to people that have owned SLI 680s and now a TITAN.
You have them both so instead of just saying its identical why dont you prove it to us. Do some fraps runs

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:

These are exactly the people one shouldn't be listening to, because they sidegraded for quite a lot of money and they could be searching for ways to justify their decision. How can I tell if your experience is really what you describe or if it's just you trying to make yourself feel better for your purchase when you give us no proof other than the fact that you've owned both?

Anyway, my post wasn't directed to you personally, really.

And BTW I wasn't advising OP to listen to people that have no experience with the Titan, I was just telling him to be careful of the hype and look at the facts (benchmarks) instead of reading owners' comments in the style of "My TITAN SMOKES everything OUT there!!".

That's all.
Quote:

OMG are you THICK? The numbers are very close....very, very close. BUT ITS NOT ABOUT THE NUMBERS! 120hz with two 680s @2560x1440 looks like 50hz and 120hz with ONE TITAN looks like 120hz. DO YOU GET IT???
Sorry but after reading this I realized I'm wasting my time here. Now that's the word of a 10 year old.

1 - 20 of 263 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.