Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I get a 2nd 760 2gb and new power supply or just buy a 380 4gb? My current PS is only 550w, so I would need to upgrade that for SLI. Gaming at 1080p. My concern is the 2gb limit on the 760's. Going to be play DS3. It will cost about the same amount of money to do either one.

·
4kfan
4,224 Posts
get the 380 and dont look back.

·
Living life! Twice IfIHv2
3,459 Posts
At 1080 your not going to see much improvement with a 380 over the 760. Is the 2GB VRAM memory on the 760 causing you any issues?

I would wait until the new NVIDIA and AMD gpus drop to buy anything. They will be out soon.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, the 2gb part. Since I know that Shadow of Mordor had some issues at 1080p with 2gb cards, I was thinking of either more processing power or my memory.

·
3,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prboss View Post

yeah, the 2gb part. Since I know that Shadow of Mordor had some issues at 1080p with 2gb cards, I was thinking of either more processing power or my memory.
Unless you can find a 760 for a song, id spend my hard earned money on something with more VRAM. Still, with the new GPUs coming out very soon, you may be able to get more GPU for your money. If nothing else maybe the older cards will be on sale.

·
Rabies is my business
4,363 Posts
Try to find a 380 from a manufacturer that allows for transferrable warranties. That warranty will get you a bit more in resale value if you decide you want something new when fresh cards drop.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletSponge View Post

Try to find a 380 from a manufacturer that allows for transferrable warranties. That warranty will get you a bit more in resale value if you decide you want something new when fresh cards drop.
So it sounds like the 380 is a go then

·
4kfan
4,224 Posts
is not even about the vram. the 380 has more gpu horsepower and a stronger single card is just better than weaker cards in sli or xfire.

·
3,459 Posts
I guess it comes down to your definition of upgrade. I have a 760 and a 380 and their performance seems pretty much on par for me at 1080. Obviously the VRAM helps in a few games.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultisym View Post

I guess it comes down to your definition of upgrade. I have a 760 and a 380 and their performance seems pretty much on par for me at 1080. Obviously the VRAM helps in a few games.
so then in your opinion, since you have both, would you SLI the 760 for more gains, 380?

·
3,459 Posts
Quote:

so then in your opinion, since you have both, would you SLI the 760 for more gains, 380?
Im onboard with everyone saying wait until Pascal and Polaris are released. SLI is alot of fun and it would be more powerful than a single 380 on games that support SLI which is most nowadays. Im not going to lie, I enjoy sli. But by the time you buy a second 760 and install an adequate power supply (if you dont have one) it may just be cheaper to buy one of the new GPUs coming out. Then there is the VRAM issue. SLI is not going to help you there.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultisym View Post

Im onboard with everyone saying wait until Pascal and Polaris are released. SLI is alot of fun and it would be more powerful than a single 380 on games that support SLI which is most nowadays. Im not going to lie, I enjoy sli. But by the time you buy a second 760 and install an adequate power supply (if you dont have one) it may just be cheaper to buy one of the new GPUs coming out. Then there is the VRAM issue. SLI is not going to help you there.
When are the new GPU's suppose to come out? Like next month or summer time?

·
3,459 Posts
Quote:

When are the new GPU's suppose to come out? Like next month or summer time?
I believe they are out in the next month or two.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts