Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alienware is making a intel xeon 3.6 sli ready motherboard 4gb pc3200 dual nvidea 6800ultra pci express sli technology 148 gig hardrive 10,000rpm OMG

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
For a cool 6 and half grand, no offense, but you're an idiot if you pay that much money for that....

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

For a cool 6 and half grand, no offense, but you're an idiot if you pay that much money for that....

Your being short sighted, get a Loan, get one serious beast of a machine. Set it folding and use the money you win for being the No. 1 folder @ overclock.net, to pay the loan off.

I haven't work out the figures exactly but it might work, or is my Mach II leaking gas....... I do feel a little faint....... going to sleep nowwww......zzzzzzz

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I wouldn't be caught dead with an alienware system. If someone gave one to me, I'd either sell it or burn it, it's almost as shameful as a Dell or HP, I'm completely against the whole idea of pre-manufactured PCs in all forms

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

I wouldn't be caught dead with an alienware system. If someone gave one to me, I'd either sell it or burn it, it's almost as shameful as a Dell or HP, I'm completely against the whole idea of pre-manufactured PCs in all forms

I agree! Plus, for 6 grand, one could build a triple cascade phase change system for the cpu and the gpu: it would totally own that Alienware comp.

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
I wouldnt burn it... I would probably take it apart, buy a new mobo and a case, and use the rest, and call it my own

·
Banned
313 Posts
wait let me check...we are on a "build your own" computer forum am i right?? I wouldnt beable to pay for thal load of junk let alone want to own it lol

·
Registered
192 Posts
Quote:

Why is this?
Im not implying i like them i'd just like to know why you hate them so much?

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gibant1

Your being short sighted, get a Loan, get one serious beast of a machine. Set it folding and use the money you win for being the No. 1 folder @ overclock.net, to pay the loan off.

I haven't work out the figures exactly but it might work, or is my Mach II leaking gas....... I do feel a little faint....... going to sleep nowwww......zzzzzzz

ROTFLMAO!! too friggin funny

The winnings from 1st place may pay the interest off...hmmmm

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Industrial

Why is this?
Im not implying i like them i'd just like to know why you hate them so much?

Proprietary, proprietary, proprietary...

What sucks the most about manufactured systems (other than there limited options) is that they require THEIR service techs, you have to call THEIR 800 number, you have to PAY for 3 yrs of support...yadi yadi yada.

Alienware probably makes a good pc, but they charge a premium, which is insane with the way todays computer market is. That 6500 dollar system will be obsolete in a year.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I also hear alienware customer service sucks. Now I go into BesyBuy salesmen mode lol.

Some PCs at BestBuy, for instance a compaq, have some pretty good stuff. It has an asus board with a nvidia card and we have it set up with duel screens
. Its over priced 2000 for just the tower LOLOLOLOL. Nice set up though. Ill sell it to some unsuspecting old guy. hehe. As for BB service its pretty good. With any PC purchase get the warrently for 3 years and they will come to your house and fix ANYTHING. comvers dust heat humidity and lightning strike. They will be at your house within 3 days. Pretty good i think. Although i dont care since i trouble shoot my own stuff or come here and ask for help. But as for the average computer user its a pretty good deal.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts