Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just dropped my second card into slot 3 and now my sli bridge became too small.

So I will have to buy a new sli bridge.

But it's just like HDMI cables; you can get them for $20, but if you want you can spend $100 on them as well...

For exmaple:

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...extag|55Y8963&

http://azerty.nl/0-805-9460/supermic...d-aoc-sli.html

Both doesnt even state the size >.>

Can you help me get a good sli bridge? I am not short on money but $100 just for a bridge does seem a little crazy to me!

·
Guess I'm Back
3,667 Posts
lolwut? $100? That is a MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR rip-off! You can get them for like $10-15, sometimes less.

·
Jayce
3,767 Posts
Lol, $15?

Go on eBay and find out for about $5-8 shipped. Or if you had enough rep and could post in the Wanted section, you'd probably find a bunch of OCNers who'd be more than willing to give you an SLI bridge for free, provided that you paid the couple of dollars it costs to ship it + a dollar or two for the gas it took to drive down to the Post Office.

If I had spare ones i'd hook you up for free, but sadly I don't atm.

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,454 Posts
and then it takes 9 days to ship it too! talk about third party rip off. again, eBay..or OCN marketplace!

Thats so friggin wrong. $99?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XiDillon View Post
and then it takes 9 days to ship it too! talk about third party rip off. again, eBay..or OCN marketplace!

Thats so friggin wrong. $99?
it might actually be a typo mistake. I would contact them to get it their attention

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhalmel View Post
what he said then
That one looks nice, but I am from The Netherlands and I rather not wait weeks before it arrives here

·
Premium Member
4,459 Posts
You could probably get one off someone on the forums if you cover shipping cost. If they give these things away like they give Crossfire bridges away I bet some people have tons.

·
Super Moderator
32,930 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by outlandos View Post
Thnx but im looking for a two way, because i got two 460's running here.
  1. The 3 way SLI bridges will work perfectly fine with 2 cards.
  2. You don't even TECHNICALLY NEED an SLI bridge anyway. You can SLI perfectly fine without one. I think there was an 8% drop with SLI 480's without a bridge (IIRC).

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nategr8ns View Post
Since the signal is digital, the overall quality of the cable has ZERO effect, as long as it doesn't fall apart. The same is true for HDMI/DVI/Digital audio, but not for RCA cables (RCA carries an analog signal).

The quality of the cable does have an effect when it's longer than 50ft.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts