Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Since the TFII 570 is difficult to find, can I use any other GTX 570 in SLI?

On that note, would it be better if I just overclock? I think it's currently running at 750/1500.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess no one likes the old MSi Twin Frozr II
frown.gif

I overclocked it to 850/2000 at 1.025 volts. Hasn't gone above 70c during gameplay with Sniper Elite v2 or Serious Sam HD. good stuff.

·
ʇǝu.ʞɔoʅɔɹǝʌO oʇ ʍǝu
76 Posts
if you can find another (try ebay) i'd definitely recommend running them in sli over just overclocking one; why not have 2 in sli & oc 'em both?
wink.gif
i plan to do exactly that if i can find another when i have the funds for it in the near future... i've read that gtx 570s scale well in sli...

to answer another question from your op.... from what i understand, if you can't find the exact same model gtx 570, you should be able to use any gtx 570 for sli but both cards will default to the lower clock speed of the 2 cards, so just try to set or oc 'em the same & you should be good

·
Registered
484 Posts
They are good cards. I had two of them in SLI before I switched to a 680. For games that use SLI, it would better the 680 I had previously.

Your other option is to pick up a 7970 and sell your 570. That would give you a huge boost in performance for not much more cash (after 570 sale)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthur Hucksake View Post

I never really bought the VRAM argument for single displays at 1080p for most usage.

It's just that the 7970 is priced at a sweetspot.
The vram matters. Alot. A friend of mine has a single 570, slightly overclocked. He gets random jumps/lockups when playing battlefield 3 on max settings. I have a 2gb card, and I sometimes use up to 1500 mb when the settings are turned up. Both of us are at 1080p.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentGoomba View Post

7970 run high in price still. I've thought about doing that, but I'm a sucker for Nvidia's Physx.
In that case, get a good overclocked 670 and run the 570 as a dedicated physx card?

That'll give you your higher performance, higher amount of VRAM and very good Physx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts