Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Kupo! Kupo!
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh yeah! I got help from DFI forums, when I found out my PCIE was only going x2. It is because I have it in the second PCIE slot, which I have to keep it away from my chipset fan. However, there was such a easy solution. Enable the SLI jumpers, and both ports run at x8. From reading information no cards yet really can even go past x8 PCIE. I did this, now my favorite bench gained 1100 more score with my current fav HQ settings!

AA: 2xQ
AS: 2x
Image: High Quality
Vsync: On
Mipmaps: Bilinear
Clamp: On
Gamma Correction: On
Transparency AA: Supersampling
Tripple Buffering: On
LOD: Clamp
1024x768 85Hz

FFXI bench 3 went from 5500 to 6600 (score IT 5000-6999 rng). (only one better score label above it which is in ITG 7000-7999 rng). Not a single glitch, not a single jitter, absolutly beutiful.. I AM SO HAPPY NOW!!!!

·
Kupo! Kupo!
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn the man! I have been running even higher MEM timings with even more voltage and no problems. I just ran memtest for 4 hours, 14 tests 0 errors!!! My crappy cheap RAM is now going 2.5-3-3-6, 3.0Voltage. Must continue my race against flames, I wonder how much more I can get this ram to do with my current OC.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Not there is a serious and dedicated OCer

Keep plugging away!
You might want to try some kind of a fan rig on that RAM since your feeding it a lot of vdimm

·
Kupo! Kupo!
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha I did something of that sort yesterday evening. I remembered having an old 80mm fan unused in the box still. Found it, hooked it to fan2 on the mobo, and attached it with those clear ties to the rim the PSU lies on lol. So it's hanging and blowing on the mem best it can, I could not find another spot to put it.

The fan has like less then an inch of space to get air from the case lol. There is so much damn wires being pushed and shoved to hide them, or get them away from that big ass typhoon HSF, theres no room even in this big server case, its crazy lol.

My only issue right now that is making it hard to try harder OC, is this windows junk. I have been trying for days to get help and nothing is working. I want windows on my new SATA drive, I don't want raid. So I installed windows on the SATA with my IDE's unhooked. Rehooked them after install, it worked, however a problem arose. Windows will NOT recognize my SATA for a SATA. It has it as an PATA UDMA6.

BIOS is perfectly OK, it shows the SATA as a 3GB SATA, the only problem is windows. I installed the IDE sotrage driver, it fixed that problem, and It killed windows. Ever since the first install of the driver, Windows randomly crashes on me with machine_check_exception. Even uninstalling it, doesnt fix it now. I don't want to reinstall windows, if I have to, I want this issue fixed first so I don't still have this problem afterwards.

So confused...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts