Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the past couple of months ive had problems with getting a BSOD, i finally thought i fixed it, my friends and I played UT for hours last night and no issues. I showed my friend last night FPS using 3dmar06 in SLI, today i try to play the game and i get a BSOD when im starting the game. I ran all checks, CCleaner, regestry cleaner and performance tests, but all indicate no problems, i even ran ATItools for over five hours and it came back no issues. But i enable last night the first time after ive done all my sweeps and everything, today i get a BSOD!!! So what do i do, is this sound like a problem with sli??

I have gone back and beta the drivers for my 9800 GTs, but up until last night when i run SLI, i didnt get a BSOD for the past couple of days.

The tests and cleaners ive run:
3Dmark06
ATI tools
Ortho
Ubumto
Guru 3D
CCleaner
RR

ALso, everytime i reboot after BSOD, my screen dumps everything as if i just tunred off SLI, and i have to move my icons back to the other monitor

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

did you use driver sweeper
to uninstal the display driver. then install this display driver if you dont have them already

yes i did

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i unistalled Nvidia drivers, restarted in safe mode, ran driver sweeper by selecting Nvidia, hit scan, after scan i hit remove, restarted the computer, then installed the 180. something beta drivers for nvidia from there site someone told me to on here (lots of help from him to!!!!)

·
Banned
5,217 Posts
Well I would remove the cards and reseat them and make sure the bridge is on properly. Do a CMOS reset at that time so everything is stock speeds. Boot into safe mode. Run sweeper and manually delete the nvidia driver folder. restart windows normally and install latest driver. Stay at stock speed and run those tests to see if there is still an issue. Last resort is a fresh install of windows or RMA.

Unless you are just upset that a previosu OC on the cards is no longer stable.

·
Banned
5,217 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by graphicsman
View Post

i unistalled Nvidia drivers, restarted in safe mode, ran driver sweeper by selecting Nvidia, hit scan, after scan i hit remove, restarted the computer, then installed the 180. something beta drivers for nvidia from there site someone told me to on here (lots of help from him to!!!!)

Why would you use a beta driver? Those are notorious for causing issue's. Just stick with trying WHQL ones.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slightly skewed
View Post

Why would you use a beta driver? Those are notorious for causing issue's. Just stick with trying WHQL ones.

also, what does that have much to do with SLI???? i thought SLI was something independent

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Uhh drivers have a lot to do with sli, in fact they're almost as important as the sli bridge itself I would say.

Run the 181.22 whql drivers. The 182.xx have had issues with sli.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by d3v0
View Post

Uhh drivers have a lot to do with sli, in fact they're almost as important as the sli bridge itself I would say.

i should do the sweeper all over again right??

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
CCleaner does not really clean drivers out, mainly good for registry cleaning and keep general system clean. Try Driver Cleaner.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I agree with Slightly skewed, I had 9800GTX's in SLI for a good 6 months and SLI NEVER gave me bsod's because of drivers.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyNikel
View Post

I agree with Slightly skewed, I had 9800GTX's in SLI for a good 6 months and SLI NEVER gave me bsod's because of drivers.

thats great and all, but im still trying to find out why, from anyone here, that can help me figure out why im getting a BSOD.. :swearing:

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
You mite want to check the voltage and temps on your NB.Mine wasn't getting a bsod but it was getting alot of display freezes and I ended up rigging a fan on the NB and problem solved.

Attachment 100440
Attachment 100441

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sasquatch in Space
View Post

You mite want to check the voltage and temps on your NB.Mine wasn't getting a bsod but it was getting alot of display freezes and I ended up rigging a fan on the NB and problem solved.

Attachment 100440
Attachment 100441

whats a good way to check it??

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx
View Post

CCleaner does not really clean drivers out, mainly good for registry cleaning and keep general system clean. Try Driver Cleaner.

is driver cleaner located in the download section???? if not, you got a link to one?

·
Overclock? What?
3,247 Posts
Graphicsman I'm not trying to be a jerk but please use your edit button and try to avoid double posting. Hope you get your problem solved

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hout17
View Post

Graphicsman I'm not trying to be a jerk but please use your edit button and try to avoid double posting. Hope you get your problem solved

sorry, im still getting a feel for the site.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Go into the bios and check in the hardware monitor.I don't know how it's listed in eVGA bios but it should be there.You can at least check the voltage and idle temps.I have a sensor tucked down into the NB sink and have it linked to that 60mm coolmaster fan so it only spins up when the NB gets above 55c.I use pc probe in windows to keep an eye on it and it never gets above 56c with that fan.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by d3v0 View Post

ive done this, and ran the driver sweeper and cleaner, still getting a BSOD and startup, i guess I will do what other people sugest, ive tried three different types of drivers from Nvidia..

Im lost guys, this sucks!!! :swearing:

i went to get pc probe and its only for asus

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.