Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my 2 cards ... I turned on SLI in nvidia control panel and it started making the screen flicker on and off and then restarts the computer ... then it does the same thing as soon as i get to the desktop after the restart ...

what am i missing?

·
Registered
9,183 Posts
You might have to up your NB voltage.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kvjavs View Post
What PSU is it?

And what two cards?
corsair hx750w

2x460

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gerik View Post
well iheard when on Sli mode the clocks need to be the same
I changed the clocks speed to match eachother

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Copenhagen69 View Post
I installed my 2 cards ... I turned on SLI in nvidia control panel and it started making the screen flicker on and off and then restarts the computer ... then it does the same thing as soon as i get to the desktop after the restart ...

what am i missing?
First and foremost, add your system If we have no idea what we're dealing with then it's just guessing at what the cause could be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by beers View Post
Psu?
i'm with you on that beers. I too think it's the PSU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragsters View Post
You might have to up your NB voltage.
Possible, but he really shouldn't have to.

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Ok, give us a little back story. Are you switching from a 5870 to two 460's? If so, what have you done with the drivers? Remove ATi, then install Nvidia? (You shouldn't have to since they don't really conflict).

Also, have you tried running a single card? Does it do the same thing as when trying SLI?
Which OS are you running? (Don't think it really makes a difference, but it doesn't hurt to know).

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Copenhagen69
View Post

I think it was all cause from using a crossfire connector instead of using an SLI connector

I just looked on it and it said crossfire so I am going with that screwing everything up.

That will do it for sure. Even though they look the same, they most definitely are not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts