Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've been having a problem getting SLI (2 980's SC's) to be recognized with newer drivers from 359 and up. I get a signal on each card separate however my bios only notices one card as well as the drivers on newer ones. I've tried re-seating the bridge, updating board drivers, wiping drivers completely with DDU and re-installing nothing works meanwhile certain games I play crash on older ones so I'm screwed right now.

I'm also having a refresh rate problem that has been common with others at 144Hz causing windows to crash due to some NVIDIA/Microsoft problem.

Any help or solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
New001
2,668 Posts
If the BIOS can't see the second card, it doesn't sound like a driver issue.
Sounds like maybe something else is wrong besides drivers.

Maybe one of the cards was knocked enough to not get a good contact in the PCIe slot?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinFX View Post

If the BIOS can't see the second card, it doesn't sound like a driver issue.
Sounds like maybe something else is wrong besides drivers.

Maybe one of the cards was knocked enough to not get a good contact in the PCIe slot?
I've tested both cards with out the bridge and both power and have a signal so I'm sure they're making contact plus they are watercooled so they both pretty stuck to each other

·
New001
2,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper28 View Post

I've tested both cards with out the bridge and both power and have a signal so I'm sure they're making contact plus they are watercooled so they both pretty stuck to each other
Hmmm, maybe swap around the power cables between them and see if it's a cable fault. It's a weird one, shame you can't turn off pcie ports on this board from hardware switches

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinFX View Post

Hmmm, maybe swap around the power cables between them and see if it's a cable fault. It's a weird one, shame you can't turn off pcie ports on this board from hardware switches
I did that and nothing changed I even checked the PSU and all the rails seem to be pulling the correct voltage. I'm not sure if it's a PCI issue either if everything works fine with older drivers. I don't know if its a software (Microsoft) issue because all the hardware seems to be working fine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts