Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right spot for this.

I've got 2 GTX 970s im throwing under water and overclocking balls to the walls.

The question is; the PCI-E power cables on my seasonic platinum 1200w PSU are single cables with 2 PCI-E power connectors at the end of each cable. Which is fine if you use use both connectors for a single card, but a hell of a mess if i need to use 2 separate cables for each gpu.

So can i get away with 1 cable with 2 connectors at the end?

Also my mobo has a spot to plug in a molex for extra power to the cards when running SLI. I'd really, really prefer not to use that (especially before i get around to sleeving the cables) can i get away without that as well?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluemustang View Post

Hope this is the right spot for this.

I've got 2 GTX 970s im throwing under water and overclocking balls to the walls.

The question is; the PCI-E power cables on my seasonic platinum 1200w PSU are single cables with 2 PCI-E power connectors at the end of each cable. Which is fine if you use use both connectors for a single card, but a hell of a mess if i need to use 2 separate cables for each gpu.

So can i get away with 1 cable with 2 connectors at the end?

Also my mobo has a spot to plug in a molex for extra power to the cards when running SLI. I'd really, really prefer not to use that (especially before i get around to sleeving the cables) can i get away without that as well?

Thank you!
YEP, that will work just fine.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBestiaHumana View Post

YEP, that will work just fine.
thumb.gif
While at the same time not using the additional molex plug my asrock z97 extreme4 has available?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great to hear, thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts