Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would the difference be if say I used a asus a8n preminum for sli with 2 7800gtx's or the same setup with a asus a8n 32x sli? What increase in perfomance would I see?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,732 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Negotiator

What would the difference be if say I used a asus a8n preminum for sli with 2 7800gtx's or the same setup with a asus a8n 32x sli? What increase in perfomance would I see?

Minimal difference.

http://techreport.com/reviews/2005q4...i/index.x?pg=9
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice and future proof for a few years then is it? The mobo at least anyway.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,732 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Negotiator

nice and future proof for a few years then is it? The mobo at least anyway.

What's your situation? You're looking to sell your Abit board and 7800gt to buy 2 7800gtx cards and an Asus motherboard? If so, I don't think that's a good choice. You're better off buying another 7800gt because it simply wouldn't be worth the cost. Or am I reading into this incorrectly and this will be an entirely different machine?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
am gonna change my mobo and my gt for a gtx. then in a few years time get 1 more gtx
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,952 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Negotiator

am gonna change my mobo and my gt for a gtx. then in a few years time get 1 more gtx

Humm.. A new graphics card? Sheesh.. Well, You will see a slight preformance gain from a GT to a GTX.. But spend your money on cooling or something like that... Unless you really are a graphics guru
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,661 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by wowza

Humm.. A new graphics card? Sheesh.. Well, You will see a slight preformance gain from a GT to a GTX.. But spend your money on cooling or something like that... Unless you really are a graphics guru

He's right I have my GT set at speeds that beat a standard GTX, honestly get a better cooling unit and OC it and make sure you keep you case and card cool...I wouldnt spend the extra $$ to get a GTX when the 7900 is coming out in a few months
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the 7900, whats that all about is it much faster than a 7800gtx 512mb?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,732 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Negotiator

the 7900, whats that all about is it much faster than a 7800gtx 512mb?

The 7800gtx 512 is about the same speed as the x1800xt pe. Ati released it's newest and fastest card called the x1900xtx, which is faster than both of those. Nvidia will counter that card with their new card, but the actual model number and specs hasn't been announced yet. Looking at the long history of these 2 companies, you can assume it'll be about the same performance as the x1900xtx and hopefully a lot cheaper than the 7800gtx 512.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top