Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have just built my new WC loop, the specs are as follows (ignore my sig rig)

EK Supremacy Elite (i7 4770K)
EK R9 290X (Full Acetal)
EK DDC X-RES (With Laing DDC 1T Plus)
EK Coolstream PE
Acrylic Solid tubing
Photo is just to display my rig (havent had time to do some proper shots yet)

I have leak tested it for at least 10 hours, and 5 of those of have been when the pc has been running (internet, music ect)

However, today i just tried to play Far Cry 4, and after playing for about 10 minutes, there was a couple of slight leaks coming from one of the stoppers on the reservoir, and one of the fittings coming out of the reservoir.

I have never heard of leaking only when gaming (when the system is under stress and obviously the water is hotter)

Has anyone else had this problem?

I am using the PC now to type this post, and it is not leaking now i am just web browsing..

I have built wc rigs before and never encountered anything like this

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Well, I can make a guess: The water molecules expand more when they get more hot, leading to less/no leaking. so when they are only slightly warm, they can leak more!

Now we have to assume that the stoppers/fitting somehow have a thermal point where they start leaking slightly, with water that's not past a certain thermal point. Hmm.

This is just a crazy theory and something else may be going on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought something similar - however mine was albeit a little simplified - You must be a better scientist than me!

Im going to leave my rig running all day and then tonight ill try play far cry again, and see what it does
smile.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts