Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a build in a fractal node 202 and I'm having fan issues. Does anyone know of any non sleeve bearing 120 (or preferably 140) slim fans? Something 12mm or thinner would be ideal.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,885 Posts
edit

ignore me, just looked at specs and the Thermalright TY-147A is apparently 26mm. It looks thinner, though. :eek:

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
The Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex fans are 15mm and use a double ball bearing. From what I've seen they're not bad, but haven't used them myself.

The only 12mm fans that exist (as far as I know) are the Scythe Slip Stream slim, they use sleeve bearings and they're terrible.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The Prolimatech Ultra Sleek Vortex fans are 15mm and use a double ball bearing. From what I've seen they're not bad, but haven't used them myself.

The only 12mm fans that exist (as far as I know) are the Scythe Slip Stream slim, they use sleeve bearings and they're terrible.
The performance of the Prolimatech Ultra Sleek 140x15mm and 120x15mm fans are practically the same -- probably because the 140mm variant spins slower.

Noctua has a 120x15mm slimline fan that spins faster than either of the Prolimatech models.

There are slimline fans made by either Delta, Sunon or SanAce (who provide fans to industries like Telecomm, HVAC, refrigeration and servers).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts