Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just looking around and i found a new line of flat crt t.v. monitors and wondered if anyone new of them moving to desktop monitors. this would really bridge the gap between lcd and crt, the article says they are suppose to be cheaper than lcd tv's, so i am guessing the monitors will be cheaped than lcd monitors. again, wondering if anyone had more information on these things.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000180020920/

http://www.samsungsdi.co.kr/contents/en/main.jsp

http://www.samsungsdi.co.kr/contents...t/fed/fed.html
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,079 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Nivz

Was just looking around and i found a new line of flat crt t.v. monitors and wondered if anyone new of them moving to desktop monitors. this would really bridge the gap between lcd and crt, the article says they are suppose to be cheaper than lcd tv's, so i am guessing the monitors will be cheaped than lcd monitors. again, wondering if anyone had more information on these things.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000180020920/

http://www.samsungsdi.co.kr/contents/en/main.jsp

http://www.samsungsdi.co.kr/contents...t/fed/fed.html

I wouldn't call 16" thin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by muffin

I wouldn't call 16" thin.


Did u look at the last link, and this is just the beginning, i am sure they will get thinner, even so, they are still alot thinner than a regular crt. I just like the idea that they are displaying a wonderfull notion of constant and neverending improvement.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,079 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Nivz

Did u look at the last link, and this is just the beginning, i am sure they will get thinner, even so, they are still alot thinner than a regular crt. I just like the idea that they are displaying a wonderfull notion of constant and neverending improvement.

Its a good idea yes, but now I've seen TFT, CRTs just don't cut it full stop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by muffin

Its a good idea yes, but now I've seen TFT, CRTs just don't cut it full stop.

yeah, i just bought a viewsonic VX910 and man was i impressed, the picture was so beautiful, even withought the dvi cable, wasn't any ghosting, and just looked so awesome on my desk, pity i returned it, it had this nasty blue pixel that always caught my eye, and for the price i paid i was like i might as well just get something alot cheaper and with a better warranty.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top