Overclock.net banner

Slipstream vs Yate slims

737 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  ChurchofVirus
Hey guys. I have a question regarding my setup. Currently I have a couple Scyth Slip Steams on my Swiftech 2x120 radiator. I figured high cfm would work the best, but after a bit of reading about this 'static pressure' mumbojumbo I'm questioning the performance I'm seeing.

So, without recommending me any other fans, unless 120 thins, I'm talking specifically about the Slip Stream compared to this specific Yate Loon 120x20mm fan:
Yate Loon 120x20mm
versus
Slip Steam

The reason I'm looking at that fan in particular, is I hear Yate's are supposed to have some very good static pressure compared to the Slip Steam, and as is with the Slip Steams, my graphics card nearly rests on top of them so I need a little extra clearance for some airflow, that's why I am looking at the thinner Yate's.

Thanks in advance.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Premium Member
17,971 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob
View Post

It might be a case of selective conditioning/discrimination. Take my case for instance, when I hear things like Thermaltake, Zalman, Koolance, or Slipstreams in the same sentence as water cooling, I am "conditioned" to feel a sense of disgust ranging anywhere from annoyed confusion to nausea. Maybe he is conditioned when reading Slipstream to simply ignore everything else.

im the same anymore. i hate slip streams.

but why not get some medium speed yates. or fans like s flexs

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.