Overclock.net banner

Slipstream vs Yate slims

740 Views 13 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  ChurchofVirus
Hey guys. I have a question regarding my setup. Currently I have a couple Scyth Slip Steams on my Swiftech 2x120 radiator. I figured high cfm would work the best, but after a bit of reading about this 'static pressure' mumbojumbo I'm questioning the performance I'm seeing.

So, without recommending me any other fans, unless 120 thins, I'm talking specifically about the Slip Stream compared to this specific Yate Loon 120x20mm fan:
Yate Loon 120x20mm
versus
Slip Steam

The reason I'm looking at that fan in particular, is I hear Yate's are supposed to have some very good static pressure compared to the Slip Steam, and as is with the Slip Steams, my graphics card nearly rests on top of them so I need a little extra clearance for some airflow, that's why I am looking at the thinner Yate's.

Thanks in advance.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
468 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonorously View Post
Lern2Read
Follow along with me, I don't wanna lose you again...

The Slipstreams fit. - Fact
The slipstreams are 120mm wide by 25mm deep. - Fact
THEREFORE
Any 120mm wide by 25mm deep fan will fit. - Fact

Asking for static pressure out of a thin fan is just unreasonable. Even with less clearance I'll bet my house that any reasonable 25mm fan (yate loon, scythe s-flex, zalman zm-f3, etc) will produce more pressure, better temps, and do it quieter than any thin fan. So again, do you NEED to use thin fans, or do you think they might work better? If you don't need them, they wont be better so my suggestion is to go with something proven...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.