Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here is the deal. Bought a laptop (Campaq V2000) about a year ago now. It is a AMD Sempron 2.0 Ghz. I was listening to music on night, and all of a sudden, the music gets really choppy. Tried changing songs, no avail. Tried closing WinAMP, and opened it again, still no dice. So then I restarted the computer, and it has been extremely slow since. It takes upwards of 10 minutes just to boot. I am not sure what happened, but I have run spy/ad/virus software, defragged my HDD, and run the Seagate diagnostic's on my computer. I cant find anything wrong with it, except it runs really slow. And with CPU-Z it shows my Mhz running fine at 2.0. It seems to be a hard drive issue, because it takes an extremely long time to copy, etc files. When using WMP to watch a movie or something, it will stutter for about 2-3 minutes and then run fine, although running two things at once all but locks the computer. I'm at a loss.

Anyone have any suggestions? I am currently deployed to Iraq, so my options are kinda limited. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
if you have the os disk reformat i did that with my bros and it made a night and day difference. if you dont defragment the harddrive and just go through and uninstall stuff you dont want or need. Just do some basic cleaning up

·
Premium Member
3,853 Posts
uhhm, what virus program, is it reputable? it sounds a lot like a virus, or maybe a RAM stick going bad but that would generally give you a BSOD

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What about maybe a system restore? Although that would have to be a restore of like 1 month...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Norton and Mcafee.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what the problem was, but a system restore did the trick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts