Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Computer Arsonist
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay firstly, booting is not "dreadfully slow" but I would expect my computer to boot up a lot faster.
Problem 1: When I first turn the computer on, the UEFI takes a good 5-10 seconds to actually start for some reason, the keyboard and mouse tell me this as they only start after 5 seconds or so. I have disabled everything that is not used and I have disabled legacy boot support as well so I have no idea what is causing it. I have flashed the bios with the latest version for my motherboard (In my sig)
Problem 2: Sometimes it takes a noticeably longer time to boot than my dell latitude laptop which boots up before the circle even spins once or after the first spin. The only things running at startup (I have disabled a ton of services and uninstalled all the windows apps/applied hosts for privacy and so on). The only programs set to run are the same on my laptop: Bitdefender and CUE for my headset (AMD Crimson/Cnext has been disabled from startup).
Problem 3: If the computer has been removed from power or has rebooted from a bsod or hard reset, login takes a few minutes and the computer will just sit there on the login screen on "Welcome" and eventually go to the desktop.
I have reinstalled windows from a problem I had with the old installation and the problem persists so I am guessing its something in the BIOS maybe? (But I put this thread in this section since its affecting windows)
Below is a picture of the start up tab in task manager (It takes longer than it says to boot):

·
Registered
242 Posts
I had a similar issue with a slow boot time on my desktop sig rig. I finally fixed it by disabling Fast Startup. My laptop sig rig has it enabled and boots super fast, but my desktop actually boots much quicker with that feature disabled. I'm not sure if that will work for you, but I thought I would share my experience.

·
Computer Arsonist
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have hibernation disabled (And deleted) so the fast startup option does not show up on my laptop and my desktop.

·
Computer Arsonist
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

1 - 4 of 4 Posts