Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually Buffer youtube videos fine, but this week has been horribly slow for buffering youtube videos. Do you guys think it might be some malware, or my ISP, or Youtube?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal425
View Post

I usually Buffer youtube videos fine, but this week has been horribly slow for buffering youtube videos. Do you guys think it might be some malware, or my ISP, or Youtube?

This is the same for me. I'm also wondering this question too

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funcrazy1
View Post

This is the same for me. I'm also wondering this question too

Is it always like this? Or just the past couple of weeks?

Who's your ISP? What's your Download speed?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by EMP7Y
View Post

Yep i have good weeks and then on occasion its like I have dial up

Is this Youtube?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Is this Youtube?

I'm not sure, I have Comcast and I'm not sure about what the exact speed I'm paying for but it's somewhere in the middle of the chart

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Is it always like this? Or just the past couple of weeks?

Who's your ISP? What's your Download speed?

mine is past couple of weeks and my ISP is Wavecable and my download is 10Megs down

·

29,532 Posts
Yep - it's YouTube. Many ISPs nowadays has streaming caches for YouTube and a few other popular video streaming sites to speed it up, and to make it cheaper for the ISPs themselves, so it could be both.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX
View Post

Yep - it's YouTube. Many ISPs nowadays has streaming caches for YouTube and a few other popular video streaming sites to speed it up, and to make it cheaper for the ISPs themselves, so it could be both.

When you say the ISPs have YouTube caches, you mean they store the YouTube videos then send them when your trying to watch that particular YouTube video? If so then they need to stop that and just let people stream directly from YouTube because I hate waiting a long time for HD videos.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by myresolution_72
View Post

When you say the ISPs have YouTube caches, you mean they store the YouTube videos then send them when your trying to watch that particular YouTube video? If so then they need to stop that and just let people stream directly from YouTube because I hate waiting a long time for HD videos.

Ahhh.... this makes the transfer faster. Instead of hitting the YouTube server, the ISP has the same video stored on one of their servers. ISPs have more bandwidth than YouTube.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

Ahhh.... this makes the transfer faster. Instead of hitting the YouTube server, the ISP has the same video stored on one of their servers. ISPs have more bandwidth than YouTube.

Oooh.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Was this ever solved? I started having the problem a couple weeks ago. I have 2 MB down, tested other sites with HD (GT, Vimeo, Hulu), and they load fine, but now I can't watch youtube HD smoothly anymore, sometimes HQ.

Chrome and IE

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Youtube is just effin slow sometimes, like all of today.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts