Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magandang umaga, aking mga kababayan!
wave2.gif

I just wanna know the ways on how I could surpass the challenges faced by our network. Anyone used high-end routers, like the ASUS RT-N66U? Does it even help speed up our internet? Kung oo, gaano kabilis? Gusto ko kasing speed ay 10mbps. Inggit na inggit ako sa speed sa ibang countries: 100mbps! At hindi pa sila nakuntento, naimbento pa ang Google Fiber (1gbps)! But I'm fine with 10mbps.
biggrin.gif

What are good ISP's? I am thinking about Globe Tattoo and PLDT. If you are currently subscribed to either the two, please, pakishare naman nung speedtest results niyo! In this way I could make a good comparison between the two.

And sa mga bagong gaming motherboards na nagsisilabasan, they have a network improving component which is called the Killer E2200, na tinatanggal daw yung lag sa games. Para sa mga may ganitong motherboards, let me know kung iniimprove rin nito yung Internet speed!

The reason why I started this thread is because I really loved to download many stuff, like movies, Steam games, torrents, and many more.

Thanks for any info!
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I belive if you have for example a 10mbps contract, and you get close to 10mpbs (you can check with speedtest.net), high end router doesn't help. Otherwise it might, at least if you have multiple devices connected to your network at the same time

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPiiKK View Post

I belive if you have for example a 10mbps contract, and you get close to 10mpbs (you can check with speedtest.net), high end router doesn't help. Otherwise it might, at least if you have multiple devices connected to your network at the same time
Could you offer suggestions on speeding up the Internet? (BTW, I don't like software tweaks. I tried them, and they broke my system. Now I'm stuck with my slow laptop.)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just buying a bigger pipe is the only way. If your isp doesn't offer a bigger pipe you can load balance over two connections on the router that you mentioned. But you will have to pay for multiple connections and even then load balancing will be per session. So for instance you wouldn't see a difference in speed on a single http download because I think there is only one session open for that. But you would be able to see a difference in torrent speeds because they open multiple sessions to the multiple people that are sharing the file. Ultimately you are at the mercy of your ISP.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macnemarion View Post

Just buying a bigger pipe is the only way. If your isp doesn't offer a bigger pipe you can load balance over two connections on the router that you mentioned. But you will have to pay for multiple connections and even then load balancing will be per session. So for instance you wouldn't see a difference in speed on a single http download because I think there is only one session open for that. But you would be able to see a difference in torrent speeds because they open multiple sessions to the multiple people that are sharing the file. Ultimately you are at the mercy of your ISP.
What do you mean by bigger pipe?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maervince015 View Post

What do you mean by bigger pipe?
More bandwidth, go up a package if your ISP offers it. There are no real tips or tricks that will speed up your outside connection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts