Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 100mbps Cable connection. But for some reason lately in has been incredibaly slow. I have searched for virus for stuff and everything. I got this windows error maybe a week back saying Windows Error IP Conflict but when i clicked on it nothing happened. Sites load uber slow but games play well, can anyone please help me.

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3xtr3m3
View Post

Go to
internet options > connection > Lan Settings

Make sure "Automatically Detect Settings" is unmarked.

Than try this program, it might help you :
http://www.overclock.net/other-softw...ed-4300-a.html

It should be marked.
Else try Firefox and install the addon "Fasterfox"

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX
View Post

It should be marked.
Else try Firefox and install the addon "Fasterfox"

No, it shouldnt.

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3xtr3m3
View Post

No, it shouldnt.

I've only had problems with it turned off

Question: Why shouldn't it?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
First off, I highly doubt you have a 100mbps cable connection. Second, the Automatically detect settings should not be checked. Is it your downloading or browsing that is going slow? Clear your cache and temporary interent files. Set your Amount of disk space to 10mb. Only other thing i can think of is reset your TCP/IP. hope this helps

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I don't know the reason but if i put check mark on it my internet gets slower.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Quote:

View Post

If your settings are right, you won't have problems with it.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
are you even allowed to have 1.5 mbps connection in denmark?

go run a speedtest. i don't know any sites for europe, but see what your bandwidth is and compare it to what you should be getting. if its way too far below, time to call mr cable company and chew on their ears a bit.

and the 100 Mb/s is your network speed, not your internet speed........

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudd View Post
are you even allowed to have 1.5 mbps connection in denmark?

go run a speedtest. i don't know any sites for europe, but see what your bandwidth is and compare it to what you should be getting. if its way too far below, time to call mr cable company and chew on their ears a bit.

and the 100 Mb/s is your network speed, not your internet speed........
We have true 100Mbit fiber connections in Denmark, and Op stated that he had 100MBit fiber aswell, so he should be able to get speeds up to about 14MB/s.
I'm running on 2Mbit right now.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
well if any of you are in ontario or quebec and have a sympatico account, i am a tech for them, give me your phonenumber or B1 and i'll let you know if your line is ok.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX View Post
We have true 100Mbit fiber connections in Denmark, and Op stated that he had 100MBit fiber aswell, so he should be able to get speeds up to about 14MB/s.
I'm running on 2Mbit right now.
Op stated that because he didn't know that when your Local Area connection says 100mbps, that it is talking about your network speed not your internet speed. Same thing as when your 54mbps wireless connects, that is the network speed, not internet.

·

29,532 Posts
3xtr3m3, I might say that your program helped me pushing 17kbps more out of my connection

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Damage82 View Post
Op stated that because he didn't know that when your Local Area connection says 100mbps, that it is talking about your network speed not your internet speed. Same thing as when your 54mbps wireless connects, that is the network speed, not internet.
I know ANYTHING about that. I just reread OP's post, and I saw it didn't say anywhere about fiber, so I guess he assumes that what your icon down there says, is what your internet speed is.

Mine says 1Gbit, and I know for a fact that it doesn't run 1Gbit out to the internet. I pay for 2mbit/512kbit.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gonX View Post
3xtr3m3, I might say that your program helped me pushing 17kbps more out of my connection

is that all ?

btw i passed 1k

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3xtr3m3 View Post
is that all ?

btw i passed 1k

Yup. Even better is that streamspeeds to my own ISP (TDC.dk) is the same as to the Speakeasy.net Dallas test.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok guys ill try that. (Yea i dont have 100mbps it just says that in Local Area Connection info)
And yea its my browsing and downloading that is slow.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I got the 5-6mb connection right now

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
try clearing both your cache and temp internet files. if that does not work

Click Start | Run

In the window type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
Reboot

1 - 20 of 24 Posts