Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pc becomes REALLY slow after I start running eMule... it seems to eat up my memory (I got 2x256mb) and it gets really really slow, I can't do anything else when it's on. I don't think that's normal, what can I do to fix it or try to fix it?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you say Ad-Aware-updated?
lol

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm... I can say: download links plz ^_^

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
smart system scan

-Already repped you

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where do I select full system scan?

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
yeah def. use full system scan. it searches all of you computer, not just the selected parts. also, use spybot search & destroy. it picks up where adaware doesent...i use both...heres a link: http://www.download.com/Spybot-Searc...ubj=dl&tag=but

i use both in combination, they both work great together.

EDIT: when you hit start, it shows up with some scan options. select full system scan.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey hey hey, boys, boys, be nice to each other, I got enough rep points for everyone

Now, where do you select the full system scan?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay, thanks to you both

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
If you configure it right, 'Smart Scan' is better than full system scanning. Problem is, I can't remember how to do it...

Adware and others are also sometimes is like weed killer - they kill whats above ground, but not the root. Hijack this is better than all the other anti-spyware programs out there, you just got to be careful you don't delete the wrong thing :swearing:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts