Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Im ready to set up my watercooling.

my parts are going to be
Black ice gt stealth double rad $50
swiftech mcp 655 pump $65
primo flex uv green tubing10ft $15
Swiftech apogee green uv block $55
4 Tt thunderblades $43
maze4 acetal gpu block $40
150ml res $40

Eventually probably a bigger case because its going to be very cramped in mine. Here is my proposed build design.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
It looks like a triple rad is going to be too big for that case.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im either gonna get the armor and try to mount the rad in the front, or get a stack like soloz and try to do some of the same mods, cuz I think its looks sexay. But I spent about 240 on the w/c so I need to wait a week or two before I buy a new case. But that means that I will probably have to buy new tubing also .

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The case is actually 16'' tall and 360mm is about 14.5 inches, so i have a little bit of room to mount it on. Im just worried about the psu blowing into the rad.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slydog64

The case is actually 16'' tall and 360mm is about 14.5 inches, so i have a little bit of room to mount it on. Im just worried about the psu blowing into the rad.

If I were you I wouldn't even mess with trying to mount it on that case. Just run with it chillin on the floor untill you get your new case.

You can't go wrong with the stacker man. It's huge and you have so much room to work with.

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Triple rads aren't 360mm long. The one that soloz has is 397mm long.

A rad that big would fit in the front of the armour. You'd have about 1cm gap either side of the rad, and it would be VERY close length/height-wise.

It would also mean you can only have 2 drives. (Like when you use 3 iCages)

IDK what you could use to hold the rad though. Although im not getting a WC setup any time soon, it is something i've been thinking alot about recently.

I was thinking of turning the iCages around so that the fan mounts are towards the inside of the case. But i can tell you that this will NOT word, as the screw holes on the iCages wouldnt match up with the rad, plus it would mean the rad would be quite far inside the case, and would be in the way.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, as i'd like to see how you put it in the Armour. (if you choose it instead of the CM stacker).

Remember, because the armours PSU is mounted vertically you can put a res/pump what ever in the rear HDD cage if you need to. Although if you had the rad in the front you'd need this cage for.... a HDD! (make sure your SATA cable is long enough to reach it!)

And i have to say about the armour: You can't go wrong with the Armour man. It's huge and you have so much room to work with.

Why go with the CM Stacker and put a triple rad in the top like everyone else with a triple rad? Do something new and unique! (ie, armour.)

You could try something with the rad like what Cyber did in his 'water clocker'. You can see it in Cyber D's build log. http://www.overclock.net/case-mod-wo...t=waterclocker

FYI: Need any specific measurements on the inside of the armour just give me a shout, and ill grab my tape measure and pop her open

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
I thought you decided not to get the tripple? oh well... I sent mine back to performance-pcs.com today... cost me $9. to ship it

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going with a triple, I just deciced to not go with the xflow. Although drummerx is trying to convince me that the xfow is going to be better with the d5 pump then the dual pass will

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Well, if you have the space etc for the xflow get it. But the dual pass looks like it will be easier to route the hoses.

What case are you putting it in? or have you not decided? If you put it in the front of the armour you should be able to fit in the xflow. I'll go check sizes now for you

Here's the dimension's of the XFlow:

And Here's the Dual-Pass:

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I decided to do a bit more wire management, so while i was doing that, i took some measurements for you
These measurements take into account the small rails that hold the 5.25" bays. These dont go all the way to the front of the case, so if you put it RIGHT up at the front you would have about 10mm more width.

These are the dimensions of the front space.

420mm * 134mm * 86mm (H*W*D)

So you could fit the Xflow into an Armour. The width is quite a coincidence though. The rads 133mm and the space is 134mm wide!! (The space is 134mm at the NARROWEST point.)

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2

the x-flo and dual pass are the same size... just barbs in different places

No, they are not...Look at the diagram! It's right there!

X-Flow: 412.00 Overall length
Dual-Pass: 397.00 Overall length

Taken right from the diagram.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
I'll buy that TT if you are selling it! If possible, I'd like the whole shebang (box, mounting hardware, etc).

Why are you going with the triple rad, when you can go dual rad and a single rad and save some headache?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
because I dont wanna cheap out and then want to upgrade again later. Triple rad is going to give better temps then the double so I might as well get the best stuff the first time.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
damn it, the armor is back up to full price again. It was 99 last time I checked. Anyone know where you can get it for cheap??

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by legoman786

I'll buy that TT if you are selling it! If possible, I'd like the whole shebang (box, mounting hardware, etc).

Why are you going with the triple rad, when you can go dual rad and a single rad and save some headache?

Im not selling my Armour! Its my baby!!

Triple rads are better as having a triple automatically makes you 1337.

The Armour is more than worth its price! Get it!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Im gonna drive over to tiger direct and see if they have any on sale or something. I dont feel like paying 150 plus shipping right now, when they had a rebate only a little while ago.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burn

No, they are not...Look at the diagram! It's right there!

X-Flow: 412.00 Overall length
Dual-Pass: 397.00 Overall length

Taken right from the diagram.

I stand corrected. I thought they were, guess I didn't look close enough!

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
I hope you get the armour, then when you put your WC i have something to base my WC setup off of. When i eventually get round to it that is. Wont be for a loooong time yet.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.