Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i just assembled my sma 8 and everything fits perfectly together BUT the door on the cable side and where the cages for the ssd and HD are mounted wont close because the cages are on the way. Some mm depht are missing so the door will close.

I have a atx reversed layout, if that is important...

Any ideas?

Thank you

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi kevin,

Tomorrow when i arrive at the pffice i will send you pictures. Email or here?

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Kevin,

It´s me david M.

I think i know what the problem is... maybe!

Normally the cable side door is solid but in my case as you might know i ordered, the door with a xxl window and the acrylic in the inside of the door obviously needs some 2-3 mm extra space. If you try to close the door than the window hits the ssd/HD cages.

Of course i was not aware of this problem when i ordered the window option...

What can i do? IMprovise a mount for the ssd´s or i would have to order some extra component to mount them in the drive bays ?

Cheers

G

·
Hi David!

When it rains it pours... I didn't noticed how the case was configured.

Okay, it sounds like that's the problem. The only solution I can think of would be to relocate the cages. Because a window on the cable side door is not an option I don't have any experience dealing with it. I would think that the entire back side of the divider will not be an option. The only things I could think of, without seeing it, would be;

1. Mount the drives in the Flex-Bay with a Flex-Bay drive cage and 2.5" SSD/HDD mounts

2. Mount shorter cages (less drives) in place of the standard cages. Something like the mercury S3 cages for example might work, but the mounting holes will not line up so some modification would be required.

3. Find any open unused space and mount the cages there.

Not sure if you feel comfortable making modifications, but option 1 would be the only option which would be a "bolt in" solution.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts