Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey OCN,

This thread is for pictures and discussion of members' Small Form Factor cases!

I finally got my Sugo case (small form factor/cube), and I felt like letting you guys see it and telling you what I thought of it. Here's the pictures.

Front/top view

Front view

Rear view (sorry, I bought an Open Box motherboard that did not come with an I/O shield)

Right side view - you can see how hard it is to manage cables in this case, and how tight of a clearance a CPU cooler has. I have a Blue Orb II that I haven't installed yet, but most wider but shorter CPU HSF's will fit just fine.

There's about a half-inch of clearance as you can see.

Left Side view, showing off my prized PNY 8800GT.

Top view, with the case cover off.

What it looks like, all hooked up and ready to go.

My review:

This is a great case. It is quiet, has good ventilation (3 80 mm fans at the top, PSU fan for moving air out, and a fan attached to the hard disk case), and is sturdy enough to survive being flown with across the country in a nicely packed carry-on bag.

The only gripes that I had were the difficulty installing everything in the case (difficult with all my hardware, see sig rig), and the cable management (always difficult for small cases, especially since I don't have a modular power supply).

Overall, 10/10. Couldn't ask for better. Makes the Ultra MicroFly and the Apevia X-QPACK look like child's toys.

If you own a SFF case, be sure to post pictures and your reviews. Also, let me know what you think of my work.

·
Super Moderator
23,732 Posts
Very nice
I'll need one of these for my LAN rig

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Hey, glad you did the review! The pics are great and your thoughts are insightful... The only thing that bothers me is that the case fans are 80mm and not 120mm(I only say that from a silent case perspective, as some/most 80mm fans don't move much air but make quite a bit of noise). Other than that love the case. Thanks for the writeup!

BTW disregard the comment, with regards to fleshing the review out, I left you in rep... I didn't realize you had commented under each pic
. It's still early and I have yet to finish off my pot of coffee...

Hopefully someone with the Lian Li PC-V350 and NZXT Rogue will drop buy and post their thoughts and pics as well.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterKromm
View Post

Hey, glad you did the review! The pics are great and your thoughts are insightful... The only thing that bothers me is that the case fans are 80mm and not 120mm(I only say that from a silent case perspective, as some/most 80mm fans don't move much air but make quite a bit of noise). Other than that love the case. Thanks for the writeup!

BTW disregard the comment, with regards to fleshing the review out, I left you in rep... I didn't realize you had commented under each pic
. It's still early and I have yet to finish off my pot of coffee...

Hopefully someone with the Lian Li PC-V350 and NZXT Rogue will drop buy and post their thoughts and pics as well.

No worries on the rep dude. Hopefully this thread will help you pick a case. Oh, and if you're worried about noise, pick up some SilenX 80mm fans... they do a case good!

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
EXCELLENT! Thanks a lot for these pictures, I hope to get this case soon.

I'll be running (most likely) an e4400/2GB Crucial/ASUS P5E-VM/8800GTS 512mb. If I find some spare dough to spend/something to sell I may run a q6600/e8400... time will tell.

At first it'll be on the stock HSF, but, if you could post some pictures again when you get the Blue Orb on there, I'd really appreciate it - I'm curious what I can fit in there. Also, what temps are you running?

Thanks a million.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_hax
View Post

EXCELLENT! Thanks a lot for these pictures, I hope to get this case soon.

I'll be running (most likely) an e4400/2GB Crucial/ASUS P5E-VM/8800GTS 512mb. If I find some spare dough to spend/something to sell I may run a q6600/e8400... time will tell.

At first it'll be on the stock HSF, but, if you could post some pictures again when you get the Blue Orb on there, I'd really appreciate it - I'm curious what I can fit in there. Also, what temps are you running?

Thanks a million.

My temps at idle are around 27-28C, and I get to about 55C maxed on Orthos after eight or nine hours. Not bad for a $10 cooler with an aluminum core.

·
Premium Member
11,775 Posts
Not bad? Darn good. You have a 2.13 GHz CPU clocked to 2.80 GHz, with the stock cooler, in a small form factor case, and it still is running at 28/55ºC? I would say that the cooling in that case is deceivingly outstanding. My AMD does not hit those temps with triple the ventilation in a mid-full form factor.

• Rep+
Reactions: pbpenguins412

·
Registered
788 Posts
You will note in my specs that my rig is a Shuttle, even smaller than yours. I know what you mean about "room". `Seems like if you want to do anything at all to upgrade, you practically need a big shoehorn to get the job done. Unfortunately, mine is also noisy due to the loud Delta fan needed to cool my "pressy" chip.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice pics, thanks for this thread...I've been wanting to put together a SFF build pretty much since the day I got my P180 and realized that unless you have like 10 HDD's that big a case is useless haha.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by blitz6804 View Post
Not bad? Darn good. You have a 2.13 GHz CPU clocked to 2.80 GHz, with the stock cooler, in a small form factor case, and it still is running at 28/55ºC? I would say that the cooling in that case is deceivingly outstanding. My AMD does not hit those temps with triple the ventilation in a mid-full form factor.
Thanks for the support. REP+.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping View Post
You will note in my specs that my rig is a Shuttle, even smaller than yours. I know what you mean about "room". `Seems like if you want to do anything at all to upgrade, you practically need a big shoehorn to get the job done. Unfortunately, mine is also noisy due to the loud Delta fan needed to cool my "pressy" chip.
Ah yes, the joys of the Prescott core. I almost went with a Shuttle but I didn't like the idea of having to scrap my nice Corsair PSU. Tragic, eh?

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucketshop View Post
Nice pics, thanks for this thread...I've been wanting to put together a SFF build pretty much since the day I got my P180 and realized that unless you have like 10 HDD's that big a case is useless haha.
Yeah, for me, the main consideration was whether it would fit in my carry-on bag to take home for breaks and such. Lucky me, it does.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbpenguins412
View Post

Ah yes, the joys of the Prescott core. I almost went with a Shuttle but I didn't like the idea of having to scrap my nice Corsair PSU. Tragic, eh?

The 300 watt PSU in my rig left barely enough room for its cables to route around the end of it (very long PSU) to plug into the MOBO.

·
Banned
369 Posts
Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirtyerny
View Post

That one made out of carbonfiber is pure sex.

The Shuttle?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pbpenguins412
View Post

^ you put my work to shame!

Not true, However...

My CrossFlow design has no equal. You can run ANY GPUs (2,3 or 4 of them) in a case that fits inside the Qpack.
The PS,Hdds,Optical and wiring is below so there is excellent cooling above.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts