Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have flashed my XFX 5850's Bios to Asus and I've downloaded the drivers directly from Asus' website but when I try to open Smartdoctor I get the error:

"Can not find graphics card information"

Any help? Thanks
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,939 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: jshay

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
I sincerely apologize for this really dumb answer, but I recommend not using Smartdoctor. Instead, use RivaTuner. Here's the download page: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=163
Thank you for being the first person in a day to answer haha.

I was wondering does Rivatuner work with the 5850? I've installed it but I don't see any components refering to where I can OC my card. Also when it started up for the first time it told me that it was not compatible.
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,939 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jshay View Post
Thank you for being the first person in a day to answer haha.

I was wondering does Rivatuner work with the 5850? I've installed it but I don't see any components refering to where I can OC my card. Also when it started up for the first time it told me that it was not compatible.
You're welcome.


I don't know whether or not RivaTuner works with the 5850. However, have you used RivaTuner in the past with other graphics cards? I mean, do you already know where to go for overclocking?

Also, when you say that it said it's not compatible: did it say that it's not compatible with Windows 7, or the 5850?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
You're welcome.


I don't know whether or not RivaTuner works with the 5850. However, have you used RivaTuner in the past with other graphics cards? I mean, do you already know where to go for overclocking?

Also, when you say that it said it's not compatible: did it say that it's not compatible with Windows 7, or the 5850?
I'll check it out and edit my post in a min.

I believe I've used Rivatuner before but years ago , but I'll get a screen in a second.

Edit:
This is what Rivatuner says:
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,939 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jshay View Post
I'll check it out and edit my post in a min.

I believe I've used Rivatuner before but years ago , but I'll get a screen in a second.

Edit:
This is what Rivatuner says:

Which version of RivaTuner do you have? I mean, is it 2.24c? If so, then click OK on that and see what happens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
That error usually pops up for me - I just ignore it, and RivaTuner generally works fine, maybe with a little convincing here and there.
 

·
Iconoclast
Joined
·
30,632 Posts
2.24c won't work wuth the 5xxx cards, not without some modifications (that I do not know the specifics of).

Also, don't use the drivers from ASUS's site or Smartdoctor. The ASUS BIOS is good though (be sure you've reinstalled your drivers after flashing).

Use the 9.12 beta drivers and OC/overvolt with MSI afterburner.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: jshay

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blameless View Post
2.24c won't work wuth the 5xxx cards, not without some modifications (that I do not know the specifics of).

Also, don't use the drivers from ASUS's site or Smartdoctor. The ASUS BIOS is good though (be sure you've reinstalled your drivers after flashing).

Use the 9.12 beta drivers and OC/overvolt with MSI afterburner.
I don't need to flash to MSI bios to use MSI afterburner?

Edit: It works! Rep++++
 

·
Iconoclast
Joined
·
30,632 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jshay View Post
I don't need to flash to MSI bios to use MSI afterburner?
Nope, MSI afterburner is just a repackaging of RivaTuner that is currently more up to date. Should work with any BIOS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshay View Post
It works!
Awesome
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top