Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a bunch of stress testing, I thought I found a max stable OC around the 3.8-3.9 region.

So I started up the SMP client, and just let the CPU do it's thing.

However, I've been dropping WU's due to numerous reasons, and don't really know what's to blame.

Here's the first error I got.

Here's the second error I got.

Only setting in the BIOS I have played around with was the FSB. Perhaps memory or CPU instability? However, the second error stated there was a problem with the connection, so I'm not too sure.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Yes he did...

Delete the 'work' folder and queue.dat file until you get a new WU (P6701 is fine, but different RCG values), and then see if it happens again.

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
If it keeps failing on that WU then try editing your client config and change the machine ID. Sometimes that'll help avoid getting the same WU again.

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Really? I've never gotten the exact same WU again if I delete the queue.dat file. Interesting...

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by zodac
View Post

Yes he did...

Delete the 'work' folder and queue.dat file until you get a new WU (P6701 is fine, but different RCG values), and then see if it happens again.

Well, I got a P6076 right now, and it's at 12%. Going pretty smooth.

I've set the -oneunit already. If this WU completes properly, would I still need to delete the work folder and queue.dat file?

Thanks AWG and Z.

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
No, you should be good then.

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
I ran hunderds of smp WU's off my 955 at 3.8 with just a multiplier change and Vcore bump (and cheapo SuperTalent RAM) not to much for you to work with but bringing it down in GHZ if you can't deal with more voltage.. In fact the used 955 I just bought responds the exact same way as the one that went dead due to a short in my 24 pin cable extender, so much for the "every chip has its own personality" promotion as these two respond exactly the same.

·
Registered
407 Posts
@OP,

I had the same issue as you...I didn't know what the hell went wrong with my computer. After updating my BIOS, my i7 wasn't able to fold. It would take like 10X as long to do one TPM, then it would crash in the middle. So now, I re-OCed my PC and stablized it....then I did a fresh WIN 7 install...and now everything is back to normal. Give that a try if nothing else works.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts