Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home today and my PC was shut off for some reason. Probably my roommate because of our extreme heat here in Milwaukee.

Anyways, when I go into VMWare and run the folding client, I get the following error message:

"This beta has expired July 1, 2007"

Is there a workaround for this or do I have to download a new client?

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLegend
View Post

Just got home today and my PC was shut off for some reason. Probably my roommate because of our extreme heat here in Milwaukee.

Anyways, when I go into VMWare and run the folding client, I get the following error message:

"This beta has expired July 1, 2007"

Is there a workaround for this or do I have to download a new client?

new client, from what i hear on here, the expired clients cant send the old WU back, and doesnt recieve any new ones

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Just redownload the client again and reinstall. It did expire, but, because your system had been on the hole time it didn't give you the error.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullzaflare View Post
new client, from what i hear on here, the expired clients cant send the old WU back, and doesnt recieve any new ones

Mine did three WU's after the first and I didn't get the error until I rebooted my system and started the client. I lost 30% of a WU

·

29,532 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I tried downloading the new client and it still gives me the same error? Any ideas?

Did you remember uninstalling the old one?

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I tried downloading the new client and it still gives me the same error? Any ideas?

After downloading the new client, did you run the full install again? You have to run the install, and it will unistall the previous version, and install the new one. You will also have to re-run the install.bat file as well once you have completed the regular install.

·
Premium Member
6,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knitelife
View Post

After downloading the new client, did you run the full install again? You have to run the install, and it will unistall the previous version, and install the new one. You will also have to re-run the install.bat file as well once you have completed the regular install.

This is not Windows SMP, it is using Suse with VMWare.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I'm not to Linux savy, so, I just created a new directory (/folding2) and re-did the hole thing.
It worked good though and only took a couple minutes.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Quote:

View Post

This is not Windows SMP, it is using Suse with VMWare.

Got ya. What I did was delete everything from the previous folding directory, accept the client.cfg file. You could delete it too, but then you have to go through your setup again. You may loose a WU you have partially finished, but it should work after that.

If you wanted to finish the WU you had already started, if it has not passed its deadline already, you can set your clock back to the 29th of June, and then restart the folding to finish the WU. Once it is running, you can reset your clock back to todays date.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts