Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my self a stock i7 for now, and a gtx 260 216. How hard would it be to set up forlding for both, and would i loose and PPD on my GPU for folding, and would 8hours/day be worth it for teh CPU?

·
Premium Member
10,848 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by borito4 View Post
I got my self a stock i7 for now, and a gtx 260 216. How hard would it be to set up forlding for both,
It can be as hard or easy as you want to make it, If your not going to go insane and try to squeeze every last PPd out of them you can install and forget. If you get the bug (Very Likely) You can lose your life!

Quote:
and would i loose and PPD on my GPU for folding, and would 8hours/day be worth it for teh CPU?
Do you mean lose ppd while gameing? If so yes it will lower it (some people turn it off when gameing, I don't)

AFA 8hours a day, That is fine. As long as it makes the deadlines (Which it should) then all will be well.

WELCOME to the FOLD!

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
I highly recommend folding on an i7. If you fold with a couple SMP instances you'll get around 3500ppd with it, if you use Linux VMWARE you could maybe get around 5000ppd. Just make sure to set your GPUs to a slightly higher priority so the GPUs get all the CPU that they need to fold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts