Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last Thursday, my dad called me up to offer me a job making pretty good money at the BMW plant in South Carolina. Sounds good right? Well here's my dilemma. Me and my dad don't have the best relationship. Aside from this opportunity, he hasn't done much for me and wasn't there in my childhood. I guess you could say that I'm afraid that if we butt heads then this while process would have been a waste of my time.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should just drop everything to give my dad a chance or stay here with friends and family. My girlfriend isn't too happy because this would leave her in an awkward spot, and being that this is her last year in college this is a very stressful time for her. I don't know guys....On one hand, this could be a great opportunity to save some money and get myself established and get me and the girlfriend a place. But on the other, I feel like my dad is going to eff this up one way or another.

·

13,000 Posts
Don't go work with your Dad, he's old enough where he won't change. You and your girlfriend are your priority now.

You can do it on your own anyways ( make money ).

·
Banned
5,335 Posts
Decide what's best for your future and career. The **** about dads and relationships are just useless. Be a man, provide for yourself and future family. If you can't tolerate things like poor relationships or see past it then it's time to reconsider personal growth. A man provides even when he's hated or disrespected, by his peers or family.

In my say so, grow a strong back, even if your dad disrespect you, take this opportunity as what it is; you've already stated it would be great for you to get your family/girlfriend off the ground. In addition, when you're not self reliant yet, always accept help from all that would offer it. Appreciate what you're given.

·
Premium Member
3,821 Posts
I would say do it. As long as did it not your direct supervisor. It could be a good start for things. But you also gota look if it is furthering your career. I will assume you just got outa college too. So if this does not liik good on a resume or use your degree at all I would think it a third time.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone View Post
Decide what's best for your future and career. The **** about dads and relationships are just useless. Be a man, provide for yourself and future family. If you can't tolerate things like poor relationships or see past it then it's time to reconsider personal growth. A man provides even when he's hated or disrespected, by his peers or family.

In my say so, grow a strong back, even if your dad disrespect you, take this opportunity as what it is; you've already stated it would be great for you to get your family/girlfriend off the ground. In addition, when you're not self reliant yet, always accept help from all that would offer it. Appreciate what you're given.
Your right. I rather deal with the BS and build upon my future with my lady. She's even even said that when she finishes school, she'd come try South Carolina out. I make ok money now, but it wouldn't compare to what BMW is offering. +1 for going...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts