·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShaft

Here's what I ordered:

SPEEZE CPU Cooler
SPEEZE Thermal Greese

I've got an Athlon XP 2500 Mobile and Shuttle AN35N on order. Think this will do good for cooling if I overclock that sucker to like 200MHz+ FSB?

For thermal compound you would have been better off ordering the Arctic Silver5, and for the heatsink i think you would have been better off ordering an all copper heatsink.

I am unsure how your components will perform, can you please post info on the parts in the member hardwae review section so that you can post your reviews for othersto see.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My guess is it will be adequate to keep the cpu below danger range. I will hazzard a guess that your CUP idle temps will run high 40's or low 50's centegrade. Let us know.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by trents

My guess is it will be adequate to keep the cpu below danger range. I will hazzard a guess that your CUP idle temps will run high 40's or low 50's centegrade. Let us know.

With pretty much all processors even when OCing you want to keep your temps below 45C except for P4 Procesotts and P4 Northwoods.

I think that the solution noted would be sufficient for stock, or minimal Ocing, but for hardcore it will be lacking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts