Discussion Starter #1
Like what error? What needs changing?

It has to do with rounding btw:

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
All Prime95 is a program that runs a complex math calculation.. it's not a tool that provides any diagnostics at the circuit level.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm well I pas LinX 25 times

I just want to know what to up.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
All Prime95 is a program that runs a complex math calculation.. it's not a tool that provides any diagnostics at the circuit level.
Agreed.

If you're just looking for quick & dirty settings to adjust, the best guess for such an error would be bumping up the Vcore a few notches. See how that fares.

Be sure that your memory is running at or below rated speed/timings, and always use the rated voltage as well - to keep memory from confusing the problem.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
That usually means your voltage is a tad low. Also, if you ARE overclocking your memory, run memtest86+ to make sure that's not the problem

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have run memtestx86 and passed, my rated timings are 8-8-8-24 but I have 20 instead (but still passed)

Could that be why?

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, I'm at 1.287 I believe, it seems that's what my bios recommends. Only that core failed. the others are still going hmm.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
If your temps are ok bump the vcore up a notch or two and see what happens. Usually you won't see all of the cores fail at once, and when one core stops running it frees up voltage for the other three.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts