Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like what error? What needs changing?

It has to do with rounding btw:

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
All Prime95 is a program that runs a complex math calculation.. it's not a tool that provides any diagnostics at the circuit level.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
All Prime95 is a program that runs a complex math calculation.. it's not a tool that provides any diagnostics at the circuit level.
Agreed.

If you're just looking for quick & dirty settings to adjust, the best guess for such an error would be bumping up the Vcore a few notches. See how that fares.

Be sure that your memory is running at or below rated speed/timings, and always use the rated voltage as well - to keep memory from confusing the problem.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
That usually means your voltage is a tad low. Also, if you ARE overclocking your memory, run memtest86+ to make sure that's not the problem

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have run memtestx86 and passed, my rated timings are 8-8-8-24 but I have 20 instead (but still passed)

Could that be why?

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, I'm at 1.287 I believe, it seems that's what my bios recommends. Only that core failed. the others are still going hmm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.