Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I sniped these from Snerps sale at a helluva price. Just wondering if these will push me to the 3ghz mark on stock volts? I can get to 2.9ghz but my ram now is at 3.53v and I am just afraid to go any higher with it. Also if I can only stil get to 2.9ghz could I go 1:1 with em?

And no I am NOT selling my GEIL ONE set at this time.

EDIT: Also can I disable the paging file in winblows due to having 2gb?

pink

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
How much did you get them for?

off topic, wow, new layout. im liking it. i havent been here for so long

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
You CANNOT disable your paging file with 2GB of ram. I tried it and had BADBADBAD results...

App's loaded super slow and gaming on it was extremely dismal.

• Rep+
Reactions: Mr Pink57

·
Banned
353 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheezy Baby View Post
How much did you get them for?

off topic, wow, new layout. im liking it. i havent been here for so long
i believe snerp sold them to him for 175 shipped:swearing:

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Not too shabby. I need to find some new ram, still 512mb 4year old corsair value lmao.

Im not sure if you can hit 290Mhz on those but its worth a try but dont start them off with such a high voltage.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a gig sitting here Wheezey I would sell for cheap. Its just some cheaper corsair but would give you a boost. PM me if interested.

And yes Snerp the great let them go for $175 shipped and I thank him so much for that as thats the only ram I would allow to replace my GEIL ONE.

pink

·
Registered
897 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kidwolf909
View Post

You CANNOT disable your paging file with 2GB of ram. I tried it and had BADBADBAD results...

App's loaded super slow and gaming on it was extremely dismal.

You trying to run 5 apps at onces while gaming...? I got great results from turning my page filing off, plus I don't have to hear my hard drive every 3 seconds.

Try turning it off, if you see bad things happening, turn it on I guess, but I doubt anything will happen.

Blazen Asian got his RAM up to 290. Look for his build log, and he has screenshots of his RAM settings. I maxed at 270, but I didn't have some of the optioned he did with his DFI.

http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/92...+asian+ram+290

Link for ya

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear ASUS mobo's do not get along with them but DFI mobo's do very well.

pink

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So do I put these in the yellow slots? My BH-5 works best in the orange slots.

pink

·
Registered
110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pink57
View Post

I hear ASUS mobo's do not get along with them but DFI mobo's do very well.

pink

Yep, ive been having trouble with my G.skill HZ PC4000 on my Asus. I have to use a 166 divider at 240. The Samsung UCCCs aren't fully compatible with the Asus mobos.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

So yeah. The best way to describe this ram.... To infinity and beyond.

If its hard to see: CPU: 2.9Ghz RAM: 269Mhz

I lowered the multi to 9.5 so the CPU wouldnt bottleneck the ram. I have the volts at 2.8 and I wont be going any higher then that. Also I didnt prime this for two reasons. One I know the CPU can handle 2.9ghz and I played Silkroad for like 12hrs today and when you get into the city in that game it can be a memory hog never got a BSOD or a in game error. I also played a little FEAR and everything went smooth. Next step will be to tighten the suggested timings.

EDIT: And after using the timings suggest in another thread it is almost as fast as my GEIL ONE... almost as fast.

pink

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
since its almost as fast, does that mean youre gonna sell em? lol if so I have 1st dibbs!. Would you say this memory is worth paying 200+ for them?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts